Fresh water pump wont shut off

Mike Wahl

I have a 2001 Monaco Signature.  I has a updated Remco 55Aquajet-ARV pump with a Intellitec 10 amp latching controller..  The system pumps water with good pressure however the have the following problems.

1) The pump runs continuously

2) When you start the pump, none of the lights on the pump motor button aluminate. 

I have check for leaks and cant find any that would cause the pump to run all of the time.   What else could cause this to happen?

IMG_0433.thumb.jpg.8755bc10f1a06bb288e4340883180d19.jpgIMG_0434.thumb.jpg.5c082799efd13188e8393917af24cc37.jpg

2 hours ago, Mike Wahl said:

I have a 2001 Monaco Signature.  I has a updated Remco 55Aquajet-ARV pump with a Intellitec 10 amp latching controller..  The system pumps water with good pressure however the have the following problems.

1) The pump runs continuously

2) When you start the pump, none of the lights on the pump motor button aluminate. 

I have check for leaks and cant find any that would cause the pump to run all of the time.   What else could cause this to happen?

1) Besides the suggestions above, you could have a piece of dirt or something blocking the internal check valve, such that it never builds pressure, and simply backflows to the tank.

2) What do you mean by "lights on the pump motor button"?  Are you referring to the lights on the switches throughout the coach to turn on and off the water pump?

I figured out the issue.  Thanks for the sending me in the right direction.   When I checked the city water fill valve it was closed, however with the hose disconnected and the pump running the pump pushed the water out of the city water fill connection and onto the ground. 

I removed the backflow valve and I found that it didn't have any internal parts in it.  When I worked on it last week I had the hose still hooked up so it was pushing the pressure down the hose and I'm guessing opening the backflow valve on the hose connection at the house.  I wasn't looking for a leak there.

I went to the local pumping supply house and picked up a new 1/2 backflow valve and installed. 

This for the help with this one.

image.thumb.png.1008245523f642df0a0faf1e0d6645a1.png

Still working on the switch lights.

On 6/17/2021 at 3:52 PM, waterskier_1 said:

2) What do you mean by "lights on the pump motor button"?  Are you referring to the lights on the switches throughout the coach to turn on and off the water pump?

Waterskier_1, yes I'm referring to the lights on the switches throughout the coach.  None of them come on when the pump is running.