Dometic e7 code

Started getting an e7 code in my middle ac , and I know that means a loss of power but I have a hughs power watch dog and it shows good power on both sides and no errors. I cut the ac off last night and it came back on yesterday and run all day but then before bed time it had come up with the e7 again.any ideas ? 

3 hours ago, Chuck B said:

I am having problems following the time line of your post.  How can a turned off AC last night and it came back on yesterday?  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

My bad I meant we cut the thermostat off because it was showing the e7 the night before yesterday and when we got up the next morning I turn thermostat back on and the ac ran all day until bedtime I noticed it was showing the e7 again. And the same thing today it’s running today but we will tonight . 

I would inspect the twist nut connections for the 120 VAC power on that specific AC unit to make sure that they are tight. May have gotten loose with vibration during road travel.

Also, having three AC's I believe that the middle one shares the power with the washer/dryer through a relay. You may want to check that relay to see if it has been compromised at all.

48 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

I would inspect the twist nut connections for the 120 VAC power on that specific AC unit to make sure that they are tight. May have gotten loose with vibration during road travel.

Also, having three AC's I believe that the middle one shares the power with the washer/dryer through a relay. You may want to check that relay to see if it has been compromised at all.

Yes I’ve been looking at things this morning I would believe that the shore power is good up to the power dog , so I was going to start at the breakers. I see it only has 2 breakers marked as 1 for the front ac and 1 for rear , I don’t see anything for a middle ac. So not sure where middle gets it’s power? But you say it shares power for washer dryer? Anyways all of the connections on the breakers seem tight don’t see any visual problems . And I have already lowered the ceiling mirrors to expose the front 2 ac to inspect wiring will let y’all know later. Just a thought the wife has been using the washer dryer at same time as the middle ac would this be my culprit as maybe I should cut the middle ac off when using washer and dryer?

22 minutes ago, Bob Blackmon said:

The middle A/C will not run if either the washer or drier are running.

Thanks Bob , I didn’t know that but was putting small tidbits of info together and had about figured that it must be linked somehow. So probably that was the reason for the code. Thank you all for the info I will turn it off before wife fires up the washer and see what happens.

33 minutes ago, Poohbear said:

Thanks Bob , I didn’t know that but was putting small tidbits of info together and had about figured that it must be linked somehow. So probably that was the reason for the code. Thank you all for the info I will turn it off before wife fires up the washer and see what happens.

No need to turn it off as there is a load-sharing relay that does it automatically when the washer or dryer are being used. I posted about that in a previous post.

6 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

No need to turn it off as there is a load-sharing relay that does it automatically when the washer or dryer are being used. I posted about that in a previous post.

Well it seems like if I don’t it shows the e7 code on thermostat and it won’t restart unless I cut it off and back on? Should it reset after the washer is cut off?

Guest Ray Davis
4 minutes ago, Poohbear said:

Well it seems like if I don’t it shows the e7 code on thermostat and it won’t restart unless I cut it off and back on? Should it reset after the washer is cut off?

Is that breaker a GFIC breaker?  If it is that may be the problem.  I had one go bad so I bought a Square D at Lowes, it appeared to be the same.  It worked but would eventually trip,  so I swapped it with the other breaker in the box.  So far it's all working.

33 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Is that breaker a GFIC breaker?  If it is that may be the problem.  I had one go bad so I bought a Square D at Lowes, it appeared to be the same.  It worked but would eventually trip,  so I swapped it with the other breaker in the box.  So far it's all working.

I don’t think it is , but the breaker isn’t tripping only the e7 code on thermostat

Guest Ray Davis
34 minutes ago, Poohbear said:

I don’t think it is , but the breaker isn’t tripping only the e7 code on thermostat

I wasn't being clear.  My breaker didn't trip but the GFI part did.  Those breakers look a little different,  they have an extra little yellow or white button for the GFI.

13 hours ago, Poohbear said:

Maybe someone with the new CCC-II thermostat and three AC's with washer/dryer lock-out relay will chime in as to how it all operates. There has to be some other members with the same configuration so hopefully one of them will post.

12 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

I wasn't being clear.  My breaker didn't trip but the GFI part did.  Those breakers look a little different,  they have an extra little yellow or white button for the GFI.

I looked and it’s not a GFCI breaker just looks normal.

I still have the older 5 button thermostat and rear A/C heat pump load shares with washer only (dryer is 240V).  When doing the wash and we forget to turn off that A/C, yes the load share kills the A/C as designed BUT as the washer current momentarily drops as it changes between washing modes the A/C may try to run for a few seconds until the washer demands more current.  The load sharing relay arc'd out and had to be replaced probably from the high current loads of those brief seconds.  So, we try to remember to turn off that A/C manually when doing the wash.

If the new digital CCC thermostat got more intelligent and prevents the short run cycles by faulting with a power loss E7 code, that may be a good thing.  Which thermostat is in your system?

8 hours ago, amphi_sc said:

I still have the older 5 button thermostat and rear A/C heat pump load shares with washer only (dryer is 240V).  When doing the wash and we forget to turn off that A/C, yes the load share kills the A/C as designed BUT as the washer current momentarily drops as it changes between washing modes the A/C may try to run for a few seconds until the washer demands more current.  The load sharing relay arc'd out and had to be replaced probably from the high current loads of those brief seconds.  So, we try to remember to turn off that A/C manually when doing the wash.

If the new digital CCC thermostat got more intelligent and prevents the short run cycles by faulting with a power loss E7 code, that may be a good thing.  Which thermostat is in your system?

image.jpg

8 minutes ago, Poohbear said:

image.jpg

This is the one that controls middle and rear AC