Kenwood KT-M707 Nav Touch Screen Inop

Our 08 Navigator has the Kenwood KT-M707 Radio/Nav system which has worked well over the 3 years we’ve used it. Put in Wichita, KS before leaving to go West last week. Left Monday evening , turned Nav unit on and no touch screen…black/blank screen but the bitch in the box still providing directions. Got near Wichita but continued on to I-70W and now the bitch part. Before every exit…”Exit xxx, hard right turn, turn left at stop sign” on and on at every possibility for the next 4 hours.

Stopped for the night and thought about putting aluminum duct tape over the GPS antenna on the roof, but found and pulled the GPS input in the dash to the Kenwood Nav box instead …heavenly silence the next morning as she didn’t know where we were.

Today (raining) I decided to try and fix before posting on here for help. Wiring diagrams no help nor the several installation books in the manuals box. Decided to try rebooting the Nav portion by disconnecting the 12V power to it…still a blank screen but when I tried several of the setup options, for the 19th time, the touch screen started working. Reconnected the GPS antenna and put in Gillette, WY as our next destination. Hope to see some of you there!

Edited by Ivylog

• Ivylog changed the title to Kenwood KT-M707 Nav Touch Screen Inop

Your loving relationship with the "lady in the box" reminds me of myself until finally my wife had enough and I started calling her "miss B" which appears to be acceptable so far...  but not as heart felt when she tells me to take an exit after I already passed it.

Guess I should be happy “Miss B” doesn’t say “recalculating” after every new intersection or exit I do not take. She does have me worried that one day the “hard right turn” will actually be one and I’m going too fast for it.

NO MISS B FO ME...

Even though i have the Garmin 7xx series for use in my mh. When im using my phone in my pick up i use my phone, i finally changed the voice to a guy cause i got tired of a “miss B” tellin me where to go🙀😂