Cursed G2000 awning will not extend

Are you getting voltage on the motor leads?

There are two little relays soldered onto the the control board, one for motor extend and one for retract. One of mine was sketchy and I could hear it click when I hit the button, but the motor would often fail to retract. 
I could verify 125v going to the relays, but no voltage to the motor output when the relay clicked.  
cheers

Walter

Had the same problem. Called Girard. Here is the fix. 

How to fix Girard awning

Locate control boxes

Turn off power at breaker

Locate ACL Current Limiter box

Open the junction box.

there are 4 wires in and r wires out.  All the same color.

remove the control board and wire the four wires in to the 4 wires out to each other of the same color.  Should be Green white black & red.  Use butt connectors.

Use the junction box to keep the butt connectors in

Ernest Cuaron 

07 Signature 21 Grand Cherokee Summit 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cureinc1 said:

Had the same problem. Called Girard. Here is the fix. 

How to fix Girard awning

Locate control boxes

Turn off power at breaker

Locate ACL Current Limiter box

Open the junction box.

there are 4 wires in and r wires out.  All the same color.

remove the control board and wire the four wires in to the 4 wires out to each other of the same color.  Should be Green white black & red.  Use butt connectors.

Use the junction box to keep the butt connectors in

Ernest Cuaron 

07 Signature 21 Grand Cherokee Summit 

THank you for that post. Talking to the Mfg. usually provides the needed infomation for the issue at hand. Sure beats speculations and opinions. 

I hope yours turns out to be that simple! I called them when mine acted up and those were the instructions they gave me too… 😕

Apparently they had a bunch of current limiter failures… but there are other failure points. 
cheers

Walter 

• 1 year later...

I recently purchased an 04 windsor knowing the awning did not work. If I press the switch or the remote I can hear what I assume is the motor turning, but awning is not moving. It makes me believe that something has stripped and needs to be replaced. I have searched high and low to try and find a way to retract the awning but have been unsuccessful. Could someone please help me with the process for this? 

Thanks,

Tim. 04 Monaco Windsor 

Sorry, I meant to say "extend" the awning.

1 hour ago, tskrub1 said:

I recently purchased an 04 windsor knowing the awning did not work. If I press the switch or the remote I can hear what I assume is the motor turning, but awning is not moving. It makes me believe that something has stripped and needs to be replaced. I have searched high and low to try and find a way to retract the awning but have been unsuccessful. Could someone please help me with the process for this? 

Thanks,

Tim. 04 Monaco Windsor 

Do you know what model awning you have????

It is a carefree of colorado. I believe the access is on top but i was unable to access it because of the slide topper. I used a hole saw from underneath and luckily drilled in the right location. I was able to extend it and see the manufacturer, serial number and part number. Still having trouble finding the part number for the motor though. Once I get the motor replaced I will make a cover plate for the hole I cut.

Thanks for responding 

Can you take a picture of the whole side mount arm

Based on the SN you have a Mirage

https://www.e-carefree.com/ecarefree30/catalog?search=2042865821

You can look up parts and get a copy of the manual.  I believe this is a 120 volt motor but has 12 volt switching.  So it might be something electrical.

It also shows that the awning can be extended using a hand crank. 

I took a quick look and the motor PN is R001853, still available, cheapest one I saw on Ebay was ~$1000.  So I would do some troubleshooting and confirm the problem.  Could be a fuse or connection issue.