RV painting and/or clearcoating

Ron

I don't know where you live, but I would highly recommend Creative Coach in Lakeland Fl. They just finished doing body work on my 2000 Dip which entailed replacing 5 storage doors on passenger side. Not cheap, but they do top notch work. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Had my 40' 06' Windsor completely repainted a single color at https://www.facebook.com/navarrosdobyshop/  in Mexico just across the border near Yuma, AZ last spring. They sanded it down & eliminated all the thermal checking. 12 men working 6 weeks and did beautiful job: $11,000. I gave them an extra $1000 for the good work. They coated the roof with a white thicker product made for that purpose. Used all high quality USA paints.

I went with a lighter single gold color and no dark colors hopefully to reduce the surface heat and reduce the chances of the thermal checking returning. It's been only a year but still looks great: no problems.

They will do any scheme you want including factory original or anything you want. Multi-colors are approximately an extra couple of thousand dollars more.

I left it with them and spend the time in Europe. Fulltimer and left everything inside. Nothing missing. Was locked in their compound with a person living in a house inside the compound as well so very secure.

Good people! Honest and hard working! Highly recommend! Been there 45 years. Many USA custom cars and motorhomes. They know their business.

Contact me directly if you want more info.

Gary K

• Like 2

On 3/5/2020 at 2:20 PM, Robert U said:

Ron

I don't know where you live, but I would highly recommend Creative Coach in Lakeland Fl. They just finished doing body work on my 2000 Dip which entailed replacing 5 storage doors on passenger side. Not cheap, but they do top notch work. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Robert,  I see on their web site that they also do Audio Video services.  Have you had, or heard about how they do with any of that kind of work?

3 hours ago, Mike H said:

Robert,  I see on their web site that they also do Audio Video services.  Have you had, or heard about how they do with any of that kind of work?

Have not had those services. However, I would not hesitate to have them do any kind of work done. Been doing business since 2004.

Bob U

• Like 1

They are a VERY good company. If they offer a service you can be confident that they have expertise in that area. They won’t be the cheapest but high quality workmanship commands a bit of a premium. 

5 hours ago, Chargerman said:

They are a VERY good company. If they offer a service you can be confident that they have expertise in that area. They won’t be the cheapest but high quality workmanship commands a bit of a premium. 

Thanks Steve,  I sent them an email to see if they can help me out.  I can't seem to get my SAMSUNG Blue Ray Home Entertainment System to play the LG TV audio through the surround sound speakers.  It worked when I purchased the coach.

• 3 years later...

Prepare a smooth face before painting the RV exterior by using a palm sander to remove paint and decals from the vehicle’s surface. Then, use denatured alcohol to remove the grease and oil left behind by the paint and the decal’s adhesive. Don’t rush the process, or you’re going to be more likely than normal to commit costly mistakes.

On 6/24/2023 at 12:00 AM, Dalton07 said:

To save your money, you can opt to use a standard paintbrush for painting outside of the camper. But it’s going to take more time and effort to complete the project.

From the article:

"The first step is to remove the current graphics on your RV. Use your palm sander or fine-grit sandpaper to remove paint and decals on the vehicle’s surface.

If you use sandpaper, it can take an entire day to finish this step. On the other hand, using a palm sander should only take about an hour."

Yeah, I read that and had seen enough. LMAO

• 2 weeks later...

I removed the cracked and faded graphics using a product called Graphof. it is expensive but after application and waiting the instructions 10-15 minutes the cracked and faded graphics came off using a plastic razor. The graphics left outlines of all graphics, 

I am now in process to block off each one and paint each with 1 coat of grey base coat, 4 coats of semi black, and 4 coats of clear gloss. Next color is grey graphic's and finally a dark tan color. All with same number of coats.

The paint is cans of  Rustolem enamel.  

Then my 2004 Cayman will have painted graphics. I'm taking pictures as I go along. At completion I will post a few pictures for folks to see.