FUSE FOR NORCOLD

Guest bobstromain

Guest bobstromain

Anyone know where the 12 volt fuse supplying the Norcold is located on an 04 Windsor? I am changing the control board.  I can probably just pull the  12 v wires apart but prevent any problems I would like to kill the 12 v at it's source  

Thanks 

Bob St. Romain

04 windsor

2 minutes ago, bobstromain said:

Anyone know where the 12 volt fuse supplying the Norcold is located on an 04 Windsor? I am changing the control board.  I can probably just pull the  12 v wires apart but prevent any problems I would like to kill the 12 v at it's source  

Thanks 

Bob St. Romain

04 windsor

There is a 12 volt wire feed to your control board. 

34 minutes ago, bobstromain said:

Anyone know where the 12 volt fuse supplying the Norcold is located on an 04 Windsor?

I have a domestic 12 VDC Fuse Panel in an overhead cabinet in the bedroom which has one fuse for the fridge. Check to see where your Domestic Fuse Panel is located and look for one there.

1 hour ago, bobstromain said:

Thanks 

Bob St. Romain

04 windsor

You aren't referring to the one on the control board are you?

Another way to disconnect all 12V power is to disconnect the batteries or shut them off with the main battery switch located in your battery compartment.

• Like 1

Guest bobstromain

Thanks for the comments.  My Norcold began acting strange.  It would run great on propane or elect.  It would just shut off and stay off from 3-6 seconds and come right back on.  No reset required  red light not on at the safety.  It may run again for 30 seconds or 30 minutes.  I just replaced the power board, the optical display assembly and the thermistor.  it ran perfect for a while and shut off just like before.   On for a while then off for 3-6 seconds and back on.  Never did find where the 12 volts come from.  No marked fuse  I removed all the fuses one at a time in the domestic panel in bed room no luck.  Panel under driver has one fuse marked freezer, pulled it no joy

Anyone experienced this?

Bob St. Romain

04 Windsor

Bob,

How can you even tell when a RV fridge is running or not? There is no noise unless you are using LPG to heat up the solution and you hear the LPG flame light up. So I am confused by your statement, "it would just shut off and stay off from 3-6 seconds and come right back on.  No reset required  red light not on at the safety.  It may run again for 30 seconds or 30 minutes."

I could never tell when the RV fridge was running other then the noisy fans located in the rear of the fridge running to vent the hot air out the top.

Or are you saying that it loses 12 VDC power and then the power comes back on?

More information is needed.

Guest bobstromain

I can tell when it is running on elect. by looking at the amp draw(4) on the Aladdin  I first became aware it was cutting off when  I noticed the mode au-ac was blinking.

I do suspect an issue with the 12 volts but I don't know where the source for 12 volts.  It only stays off a few seconds

Guest bobstromain

Problem solved.  N/C contacts in High Temp. Switch had poor connection causing a drop in 12V for  a split second now and then. this caused unit to go off for a second and then immediately A/C or LP depending on your setting would blink back on.  This all within 3-5 seconds.  I by passed the switch to allow fridge to run long enough to confirm my findings.  Will try to locate new HTS 634677 Rev B

27 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

I think you will find that the Revision is far into the alphabet plus I don't think they are user replaceable.

Call Norcold to found out how to replace the "black box" safety device.

Certified tec only.