Cost of air spring replacement

I posted awhile back about one of my air springs that had failed. I figured if one failed the others might not be far behind. Further inspection didn't change that opinion so I decided it was time to change all of them. The most difficult part was determining the correct part number and whether all ten springs were the same. REV was less than helpful but I muddied through all the info out there and finally determined all my springs were the same, (8619) Using that number, I was able to find Firestones at Michigan Truck Springs in Saginaw, Michigan. After purchasing the springs, ($209 ea. OTD) I found a local shop to install them. Cost for install was $180/spring, which includes some replacement fittings that were leaking, taxes etc. To me, that was worth me not having to crawl under the coach to do it myself. This is simply for reference if someone else is considering air spring replacement. Since I only had the one spring fail, I was able to disable that spring and drive it to the repair facility myself, saving the cost of a tow.....hope this helps someone....Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good to know

Thanks for sharing. 

Many Monacoers go to JoSams Orlando

There are frequent threads listing part numbers and pricing for installation 

5 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Dennis,

If my math is correct, are you saying that it cost just under $4000 to replace all 10 air springs?

Each As I read it Richard 

On 8/15/2021 at 11:46 AM, Paul A. said:

Bill Groves created a F B group called, Monacoers and posted there,  on the replacement of the air bags on his Dynasty which he did himself. 

Paul, replacing the springs is not a difficult job....providing one has the proper equipment to do so. There are only four bolts holding the springs in place, with an air connector on top. That said, getting to those bolts is another story altogether. While I have some mechanical abilities and knowledge, I don't have the proper tools to do the job. The coach must be properly supported, (you're disconnecting the air lines), the wheels must be removed, (to access the bags) then everything must be reinstalled and properly torqued. In addition, one must have a location with which to be able to work on the coach. As a full timer, I no longer have any of those options at my disposal. In my book, $180/per bag is worth every penny...in and out in two days.....I do admire those who have the ability and equipment to do these types of repairs.

3 hours ago, Dennis H said:

Paul, replacing the springs is not a difficult job....providing one has the proper equipment to do so. There are only four bolts holding the springs in place, with an air connector on top. That said, getting to those bolts is another story altogether. While I have some mechanical abilities and knowledge, I don't have the proper tools to do the job. The coach must be properly supported, (you're disconnecting the air lines), the wheels must be removed, (to access the bags) then everything must be reinstalled and properly torqued. In addition, one must have a location with which to be able to work on the coach. As a full timer, I no longer have any of those options at my disposal. In my book, $180/per bag is worth every penny...in and out in two days.....I do admire those who have the ability and equipment to do these types of repairs.

Hi Dennis, Yes all those steps you describe are relevant to the process. Bill covered most of those in his posts.  Bill and i were friends for many years. A wonderful man and so generous with his help and knowledge. 

• Like 1