Sliding Privacy Door Out of Track

Hello..

I was pulling out my sliding privacy door and it won't go beyond about half of the track. I heard what seems to be a screw that fell-off when I tried to open the sliding door.

Attached are pictures of the sliding door and the screw that I retrieved from the door track.

Does anybody know how I can fix the door? Any guidance on how I can remove the door and replace it back to fix it.

I have 2007 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ motorhome.

Thanks

Sliding Door.jpg

Screw.jpg

I think the door hangs from the top with a roller above the handle (which let's call front) and one all the way at the other end of the door (let's call back). From the picture, it looks like that back roller has come lose. Try pushing in on the bottom of the door to get it vertical, then, while maintaining it in a vertical position, sliding it  out. I think you can take it off for repair once you have it all of the way out (i.e. closed). I am not expert, but that is what I would try. Good luck.

Earnel

Pull the door open after removing one or both of the trim valances. On my sig the door you can see the top of the door with rollers and they have a catch to release the roller in the track from the top of the door. The roller has com detached from the top of the door bracket or the track has come loose. With the door removed you can reattach the bracket or track, replace door and replace one or both trim pieces. The white plastic is the piece to rotate to aseperate door bracket from track roller bracket.

paulb

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Paul,

It looks like your door is similar to mine.  How do you rotate the white plastic?  Do you push it to rotate clockwise, or do I have to press the latch sidewise or upward or downward?  I don't want to break the plastic piece.

I am still trying to figure out how to remove the wooden valence without breaking it.  It looks like the wooden valence is glued to the wooden door track frame.

Larry H's maybe right that the back roller has come lose.

Thanks..

My wood valances are screwed up to the ceiling. The flat valance is L shaped with screws going up into the ceiling. Once you remove the valance you will be able to see the bracket. Attached is a picture of the roller that is in the track and you can how the bracket attaches to the door piece.

image.jpg

I would take off one of the valances. You will be able to see the screws up in the ceiling. Mine are just 2 philips head. The valance is 1/4 x 2” attaché to a 12”x1/2” board which is screwed to the ceiling. I think you might have to remove one side of the valance to remove the door and replace it. The disconnect will only go one way.

image.jpg

image.jpg

If you remove the valance you will have an easier time working on the door. The plastic connector is just a coupler to connect the roller in the track to the bracket on top of the door. 

This is probably something like yours

42DF6210-89F4-4426-8DB7-BA971223096B.png

• 1 month later...

Folks,

I finally was able to fix my pocket door where the aluminum track came lose from the wooden frame.  Thanks to all who contributed to the resolution of this issue.

I used two-12" drill bit extension, an impact drill, metal drill bit, a right angle attachment, painters tape to hold the screw, #12 x 1" metal screw and lots of patience.

The wooden valence is attached to the frame with brad nails.  I removed them by using a flat pry bar.