LP Switch, must be going blind, Scepter

ok-rver

New to us 2004 HR Scepter. Familiar with function of the LP switch as turned one on most every day on our boat. Remember seeing switches with light on many of the MHs we looked at. Purchased this MH 3 weeks ago and have been search ever since we got it.  My wife and I can not find the switch. Not on dash. not around stove or sink. There is a solenoid on the tank and we do have gas. just need to find switch. Any suggestion? I am sure we are looking over it.

1 hour ago, ncsteve said:

Same as above on our 04. On panel next to propane tank when you open compartment door.

Thanks, will check later today. 

This is my solenoid valve off LP tank going to 2 stage regulator and on to steel pipe for distribution thru MH. Solenoid valve has a manual shutoff valve built into its base. on my MH, very difficult to get access to as tank is turned across the MH. I am going to add a tee in this area to give me a "high" pressure feed to grill and a second port for extended stay external tank. Will look under access panel later today for electrical switch that feeds this solenoid valve. also wondering if house disconnect switch at door turns off power to LP solenoid switch.

According to my manual (HR Endeavor) the only "switch" that controls the electric LP shutoff valve is the switch near the tank outside the coach with the red light next to it. 

That said, IF power was cut-off to that switch (by way of the 'house disconnect switch at the door') it would make sense that the valve would cut off.

solenoid at bottom of picture. manual valve located on bottom of valve elbow and not shown in this view. 

HRS propane supply.JPG

Found the switch, I almost never open that compartment. One of the spades on the back of the light is broken off so the light does not work. Wife switched the house shutoff switch at the door and it appears the solenoid opened and closed. I have a major electrical issue in another area and did not check any further. Will order light and confirm if circuit is switched with house. This would be an issue if running frig off propane and you shut the house off.

This is what I think my light is. They also have JR switches that look correct. Will measure size and confirm over the next few days. This says light switch but only has two terminals. I think it is a light.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/JR-Products-12755-Power-Indicator-Light-Switch-p/19-1860.htm

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered several of the light in the above post. Came in and I installed today. Diagram on box states there is an voltage input and ground terminal but I did not see any marking on the light. First connection of wires and no light with switch on. reversed the wires and I now have a good indication of the propane solenoid being activated.

One of the terminals on my old light had broken off.

HRS propane indicator.JPG