Cut wire from steering column??

Cubflyer

I had the cover around the steering column off and found this (obviously) cut wire... see photo

I have not noticed anything inop that is controlled by things on the steering "stalk"... turn signals, lights, etc

Anyone have any ideas?  I have not found a wiring diagram of the wires to the connector shown..

cutwiresteeringcolumn.jpg

Edited by Cubflyer

John C,

So some kind of service bulletin??  Thanks! I think this may be the answer to the cut wire. 

Clearly it was cut intentionally, wish they would have also capped them. Then I would not have questioned it.

Do you have a link or something to what you screen shot?

Ken

John C,

Thank you so much!  I have been searching for a wiring diagram for my '03 Endeavor since I bought it in February.  I have an ABS light on and system inop, the Eaton wiring does not show the "test module" that the motorhome uses and so I could not 'chase wires' to/from it.  Codes are showing speed sensor problems but they all ohm out good... thought I would check all the other connections before I started pulling wheels (can't get to the rear sensors with wheels installed).  Or the problem may be in the Eaton abs module (not the test module) located center coach.

Thanks again,

Ken

• 1 month later...