Gauges vs scan gD vs blue fire

6 hours ago, MHRookie said:

All,

if dash gauges start to fail (trans temp & fuel), buying a scan gauge D or the Blue Fire system won’t fix that issue will it?  How does the 6 or 9 pin read fuel levels when a separate sender provides that information?

thanks,

Kurt

Kurt,

As far as the BlueFire goes, it will read whatever is coming to your diagnostic port.  Each coach is different, so unless you know of someone that has your same vintage coach, you'll have to get the BF and experiment.  When I bought mine, they were very assuring that if I didn't like it for whatever reason, they would take it back.  

It will not read your fuel.  You program in your fuel tank size (gallons) and when you fill it up, you tell BF.  The BF will calculate the fuel remaining by the ECM.  It doesn't take into account generator and/or AquaHot.

2 hours ago, windsorbill06 said:

Kurt,

As far as the BlueFire goes, it will read whatever is coming to your diagnostic port.  Each coach is different, so unless you know of someone that has your same vintage coach, you'll have to get the BF and experiment.  When I bought mine, they were very assuring that if I didn't like it for whatever reason, they would take it back.  

It will not read your fuel.  You program in your fuel tank size (gallons) and when you fill it up, you tell BF.  The BF will calculate the fuel remaining by the ECM.  It doesn't take into account generator and/or AquaHot.

Windsorbill06…. Thanks for your reply.  I figured that’s how the BF worked.  Back to troubleshooting.  Happy trails.

Kurt

• 2 weeks later...

When I bought our coach, most of the gauges did not work.  I bought a Scangauge D and hooked to the dx port by the steering wheel. It gives all gauge information except tranny temp.  I do not use it for a fuel gauge, but you can tell it how much you have at fillups and it will calculate it. It does not account for the generator.  Now that my Aladdin is working,  I mainly use it, but I like having the Scangauge as a backup and I keep my main info showing on it. 

• Thanks 1