Help Needed! 2009 Monaco Dynasty Nottingham IV Driving Light Diagram

bbralph

Everyone, 

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.  I am new to this forum today.  I was advised to post on this site for help finding the diagrams needed.  I have a 2009 Monaco Dynasty Nottingham IV.  One of my headlights was not working, so I took it to a local RV dealership to have them check it out.  They took it to a local chassis shop to have the headlight fixed.  When it came out of that shop, nothing worked...no headlights, running lights or tail lights.  They took it back to that shop to have them fix what they messed up.  After a couple of days, that shop said they didn't know what they did to cause everything to quit working and we were on our own to figure it out.  The RV repair shop then took it to another chassis shop, Florida Detroit Diesel in Panama City.  This shop is willing to work on the coach, but they are in need of the wiring diagrams to trace down the wiring.  Apparently, wires were cut and spliced under the front, and they want to make sure wires are connected correctly.

If anyone has these diagrams, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You.

Contrary to the advice on IRV2, (VIP smart wheel) you have the Konsburg chassis multiplex system which is no longer supported. Diagrams above look to be for that system but it could take someone fairly smart hours to figure it all out. 
I would read up on this post as the people in OR are probably your best source on the Konsburg system.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/smart-steering-electronics-need-help-429296-3.html

Edited by Ivylog

Ralph, on a chassis multiplex system like yours, all your dash switches are part of a digital system that send specific digital codes on a data buss to the CCM computer module located in the front run bay.  This module along with the large printed circuit board then work the relays to activate functions like your lights.  You also have a rear CCM module.  

The first step is to figure out if you have a problem with the digital circuit board behind each group of 3 switches or if your problem is on the large PCB.  The CCM module rarely fails except possibly for the 5 volt supply that feeds the smart wheel controls.  I've posted in the past how to fix that problem for about $20 in parts.

When the switch board fails, typically all 3 switches on the board also fail.  How many other switches on your dash don't work?

The tech is not knowledgeable with the multiplex system.  We are just trying to get the headlights working, so I can take it to another location if necessary.  He has removed the headlight switch module and found that someone in the past had soldered the wires directly to the switch.  We have a new switch, but we do not have a replacement connecter.  Do any of you know which connector it is that we need to connect the wires to the new switch?

headlight switch module.jpg

Hey Frank,  Thanks for the info on the multiplex system.  I'm considering upgrading to a new to me 2006 era Monaco Dynasty/Executive/Signature and I thought the multiplex wiring was an advantage.  What you described above sounds like a nightmare for someone that is already electrical wiring challenged.  Would it be better to find a 2005 model without the multiplex wiring, considering the older they get the fewer parts will be available?  Thanks,

Jim

41 minutes ago, Jim Bob said:

Thanks for the info on the multiplex system.  I'm considering upgrading to a new to me 2006 era Monaco Dynasty/Executive/Signature and I thought the multiplex wiring was an advantage

My 08 Navigator only has the house multiplex system. The Kongsburg chassis multiplex system started in late 08 and 09 which is the OPs headlight problem, not the house lights, slides, AquaHot. 
By now any issues with the house multiplex (often a loose ground) have been resolved and parts and service is available but mainly by M&M in Ohio and Deland, FLa during the winter.

In 3 years I’ve had one problem which was fixed by unplugging the switch board. I did have M&M do a backup of my multiplex in Deland for $175…cheap insurance. This enables them to program a new switch board (so it controls the same things) and it’s then just plug in the new board… there are 13 in my rig.

I would not let the house multiplex be a deal breaker, but I would for the chassis multiplex. I would also want a 06 or older engine… my 08 has a 06 engine. I would add a 600-650HP ISX engine to the list of things you do not want!

Edited by Ivylog

familiar with the 600 HP engine issues, and I'm certainly one that is not in a hurry to get somewhere.  The 400 horse Cummins would be perfectly ok with me and it seems there are tons of them around.  Thanks for the info on the multiplex.  I'm staying below 07 for the emissions crap so I'm right there with you on the 06 or older engine.  Thanks,  again.

Jim

5 hours ago, bbralph said:

The tech is now looking for the Eaton Master Module for the headlights?  Does anyone know where that might be?

For the group, to post an answer to your question, the Eaton Master module has the switches called Ceiling Lights, Battery Boost and Generator start on it.  In the set of wiring diagrams you downloaded it is diagram called 38080796 Eaton Sw Wiring.

It was good talking with you over the phone a few minutes ago.  Sometimes it's a lot easier to discuss an issue in a phone conversation vs the back and forth on the group.  You're welcome to call or text if you need additional help.

13 hours ago, bbralph said:

Ivylog,

Is the M&M in Deland the same as the shop in Ohio, and are they open in that location year round?

In Deland after New year for 3 months…assume the Ohio location closed then as it’s a father-son operation.

12 hours ago, Hypoxia said:

Most '07 motorhomes have 2006 engines and emissions in them.  I would include the '2007 in a search.

A 07 Dynasty is likely to have a 07 engine (unlike other models) and I can guarantee a 08 Dynasty will have a ISL 07-08 particular filter engine.

Thank you for all of the replies and comments, and a special thank you to Frank McElroy for the phone call to explain the likely causes of my issue to me!  This forum is a great source of information and knowledge.  I would definitely be lost without it.  Updates to come!

On 9/28/2021 at 4:32 PM, bbralph said:

The tech is not knowledgeable with the multiplex system.  We are just trying to get the headlights working, so I can take it to another location if necessary.  He has removed the headlight switch module and found that someone in the past had soldered the wires directly to the switch.  We have a new switch, but we do not have a replacement connecter.  Do any of you know which connector it is that we need to connect the wires to the new switch?

headlight switch module.jpg

The two connectors are Delphi Micro VHT.  One is part number 15499927 and the other is 13513469.  These switches are Eaton E30-eSM multiplex rocker switch units and those connector part numbers are listed on the specification sheet.