ABS light came on

1 minute ago, Ivan K said:

Interesting, did not know there was a system like that. Mine only stays on if there was a trouble present.

Yeah, that's the normal way it's done these days. I suspect they changed it since the behaviour on mine would probably be concerning for people who didn't read the manual (why is my ABS light still on?).  

• 4 months later...

In the past my ABS light came on intermittently while driving. Sometimes pressing the brake would cause it to go out. Sometimes it would come on while driving and then go out at some point.

Yesterday it came on at start-up.  I drove for about 3 hours on the interstate and the light stayed on the entire drive. Braking doesn’t seem affected, though.

I assume it means there is no ABS if I get into a panic braking situation but braking under normal driving is not affected.  I have a rudimentary code checker, but I haven’t thought to take it to the RV storage facility  

I’m new to air brakes so if anyone thinks there is a safety issue, please let me know. 

Thanks

Check your manual, most of the time Monaco includes some mention of the ABS system and how to check codes.

In my case I have an ABA diagnostic module that looks like this http://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/16614041.html

Mine is located in the front drivers side electrical compartment.  Following the instructions I can retrieve the ABS codes. 

Check if you have the module or some other way to check codes.