Full Body Paint

Greetings all and thank.you for sharing valuable information related to Monaco RVs.

I am seeking vendors that do full body painting.  I had planned to have my 2003 Diplomat 40" painted in Elkhart, IN by Mike Williams; however, the price has increased from 15000.00 to 22000.00.  Seems extremely huge price increase; therefore, I am seeking alternative vendors...maybe closer to South Carolina.

Thank you for your input.

Darryl

2003 Diplomat 40"

It does seem like a significant jump. However, body working supplies are up big time. Since they are specifically petroleum based chemicals. The oil crunch is carrying over to other areas and increasing price.

• Like 1

Wraps that I have inquired about thay say have a 5yr lifespan depending on how the coach is stored & the environment you live in. Then they need to be removed.  

We just reserved a spot to get our coach painted in Los Algodones Mexico in February. Its a 38ft Monaco diplomat Full body paint 4 colors.  $14G. It will take 5 to 8 weeks to complete.  They have been in business 45 years. In the states we have been quoted 28g & up. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 7:05 PM, BobSchmeck said:

We just reserved a spot to get our coach painted in Los Algodones Mexico in February. Its a 38ft Monaco diplomat Full body paint 4 colors.  $14G. It will take 5 to 8 weeks to complete.  They have been in business 45 years. In the states we have been quoted 28g & up. 

Bob,
What's the name of the company that you're going through and... do they have a website... ?

Thanks,

steve

1 hour ago, Gwarsh said:

Bob,
What's the name of the company that you're going through and... do they have a website... ?

Thanks,

steve

Hope this works,  let me know.  

https://www.facebook.com/navarrosdobyshop

1 minute ago, BobSchmeck said:

Hope this works,  let me know.  

https://www.facebook.com/navarrosdobyshop

He has a Arizona phone number. If you can't find it let me know and I will get it for you.  

• Thanks 1

My 2 cents.  I once saw a Beaver come in the campground with one color and lots of chrome.  I think it was battleship gray glossy finished, and it looked wonderful.  One color should be considerably less money and actually I prefer the look.  Just me.

I also look into wrapping my 2000 Diplomat.  Painted it instead.

BUT, had I decided to wrap it, here was my first choice of designs:

I imagined all the kids in the heavily wooded state parks coming up on this at dusk - lotsa therapy 🙂

- John

snake wrap - 1.jpg

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, StellaTariche said:

I also look into wrapping my 2000 Diplomat.  Painted it instead.

BUT, had I decided to wrap it, here was my first choice of designs:

I imagined all the kids in the heavily wooded state parks coming up on this at dusk - lotsa therapy 🙂

- John

snake wrap - 1.jpg

That's one hell of a visual effect. 
People's reactions would be awesome to watch. LMAO

Wraps do have a very limited lifespan, especially when stored outdoors.

On 10/21/2021 at 8:05 PM, BobSchmeck said:

Wraps that I have inquired about thay say have a 5yr lifespan depending on how the coach is stored & the environment you live in. Then they need to be removed.  

Do the paint shops in Mexico remove and reapply all of the caulking as part of the job?  Belt lines, slides, windows, vent panels, etc?

Joe E. 08 HR Amb

7 minutes ago, Joe E. said:

Do the paint shops in Mexico remove and reapply all of the caulking as part of the job?  Belt lines, slides, windows, vent panels, etc?

Joe E. 08 HR Amb

Putting together a list of questions. That was the #1 on the list. Were also going to see a person who had there's done so i can see the work in person.  Will let you know what I find out.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...