Another Auto Gen Start Thread

BigNick

On 11/1/2021 at 9:36 AM, BigNick said:

There's a 10kw Onan HDCAA, a Xantrex Freedom 3012 with the SCP. I've looked around the coach and I don't see anything there as far as AGS. Does anyone have a recommendation for a AGS system?  It looks like Xantrex sells one that compatible with Onan at a fairly inexpensive price. 

Thanks in advance...

If you replaced the RV2012 with the Freedom 3012 and SCP. The auto start was part of the RV2012, The Freedom 3012 and SCP require the addition of the AGS to be added to the Zanbus network for the auto start of the gen set. There are many wires in the AGS for many functions but you only need a couple the rest aren't needed. Once the AGS is networked all the programing is done in the SCP. The SCP menu will populate when it sees the AGS in the network, otherwise you can't see it. My AGS is behind my inverter under the transfer switch. I ran a new network cable up front to the SCP but they do sell adapters so you can use the original network wire.

AGS.jpg

Inverter.jpg

scp.jpg

1 hour ago, jacwjames said:

OK, but my HDKAH 7.5 is not listed either.  I don't see any of the 7.5 listed by name, which quite a few older coaches have. 

You best bet is to call Cummings tech and make sure, on your generator data tag is a "spec #" that's the number he wanted to verify compatibility.  Unfortunately mine is a Spec A so it is not.. 

23 minutes ago, Mark B said:

If you replaced the RV2012 with the Freedom 3012 and SCP. The auto start was part of the RV2012, The Freedom 3012 and SCP require the addition of the AGS to be added to the Zanbus network for the auto start of the gen set. There are many wires in the AGS for many functions but you only need a couple the rest aren't needed. Once the AGS is networked all the programing is done in the SCP. The SCP menu will populate when it sees the AGS in the network, otherwise you can't see it. My AGS is behind my inverter under the transfer switch. I ran a new network cable up front to the SCP but they do sell adapters so you can use the original network wire.

AGS.jpg

Inverter.jpg

scp.jpg

Nice clean install you have, looks great!!  I was a hot and bothered with wireless Cummings unit with so many features, but that dream is shattered so I'm back to the Xantrex.  The coach was retrofitted n it's past with a 3012 with an scp. So, I'm thinking thats the Xantrex  unit is simplest way.

• Like 1