Battery Bay Door Key

Adam_C

I have unfortunately misplaced the key that allowed me access to the bays with the batteries, electrical distribution, and generator power. Before I call a locksmith is there any chance it's just a standard key that I could order? 

I have a 2003 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40pst. 

Not great picture of the lock in question is attached.

20211226_224816.jpg

That's a barrel key.  Monaco used a lot of Southco products, so you could search Amazon and Ebay for Southco Barrel Key

Here's one:

https://www.amazon.com/Southco-E3-5-15-Motorhome-Campers-E3-26-715-15/dp/B077PLFSK1/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=southco+barrel+key&qid=1640582572&sr=8-3

I don't know if it will work, but it would be a small investment to find out.

Dwight

Little known fact: All the locks on those types of compartments use the same key on every rv unless someone changed the factory installed lock. Even worse on travel trailers, a CH741 key will open them ALL on any trailer. Saves time for the rv salesperson apparently.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Old Dog said:

Little known fact: All the locks on those types of compartments use the same key on every rv unless someone changed the factory installed lock. Even worse on travel trailers, a CH741 key will open them ALL on any trailer. Saves time for the rv salesperson apparently.

Actually, a quite widely known fact. 😉🤣