Wet bay lighting

Steven P

I've never liked that I cannot see my clear 90 elbow at night without a flashlight when dumping.  While replacing my stripped water reel gear, I decided to upgrade the lighting.  Removed the original light and added 2 waterproof LED strip lights. One in place of original and other on the bottom of the gray tank.  Now I can see all I want to. Tied into original wiring but made it where I can remove my panel without the wiring being in the way. Pics of new don't seem to show the true brightness and they are not super bright, but plenty bright for the job. 20211231_105330.thumb.jpg.fc075a565e08cd2c64ad3d94114b7a34.jpgold20211231_135354.thumb.jpg.3e1a5570d85f61c3ebcf504b3041ba39.jpgNew up20211231_135350.thumb.jpg.eae97dbcf600d69862b3ac37f1d6d717.jpgbottom of gray tank. 20211231_181729.thumb.jpg.5b3e6b3f6f129eab2ce699210ee71b3f.jpgcan see freshwater level and 90 elbow. 

20211231_181718.jpg

Edited by Steven P
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice, Any chance you got a link to those LED strips? My Dad finds his instrument cluster a bit dark and wanted me to put a light in it. Try as I might, I could not find a 'normal' LED strip. Either I searched for the wrong key word, I don't know, but I would appreciate a pointer 🙂

37 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Nice, Any chance you got a link to those LED strips? My Dad finds his instrument cluster a bit dark and wanted me to put a light in it. Try as I might, I could not find a 'normal' LED strip. Either I searched for the wrong key word, I don't know, but I would appreciate a pointer 🙂

Got em off Amazon. I felt like I'd start fairly inexpensive and go from there.  Pack comes w 4.  If you haven't checked, our O'Reillys has some there too. 

EverBright 30CM 5050 12-SMD DC12V... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MN9XYJ0?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

If you're talking about the dash lights, can the bulbs be replaced w brighter ones?  

Edited by Steven P

Yes, the cluster is too dark for his eyes and it makes it hard for him to see the gages so he's been after me to make it brighter. The idea was to put LED strip lights above it. Odd, I searched for LED strip lights and found big ones only. 

It's a new Ford Chassis motorhome. I'm not sure if it has bulbs or if they could be upgraded. 

I don’t think it’s still available. The part number for the replacement is Sanicon part number 70400. Lots of places list them, but no one seems to have them in stock. 

The new ones look like a single piece of injection molded black plastic. Mine looks like it was made from off-the-shelf pvc parts.  I’ll try to get a better picture…. You might be able to make one!

57 minutes ago, Scotty Hutto said:

I don’t think it’s still available. The part number for the replacement is Sanicon part number 70400. Lots of places list them, but no one seems to have them in stock. 

The new ones look like a single piece of injection molded black plastic. Mine looks like it was made from off-the-shelf pvc parts.  I’ll try to get a better picture…. You might be able to make one!

Yeah, that's the one I have.

Works fine but someone :classic_unsure: must have cross threaded an extension hose fitting onto the end, and damaged the plastic threads.