Dometic roof air heat pump blowing cold

My front roof air heat pump is blowing very cold air.  Ambient temp outside is over 50 degrees and the rear unit works fine.

Has anyone experienced this issue or happen to have a Dometic service manual for this unit?

2004 Windsor and it's the Model 630515 which I believe is the Penguin.

Thanks!

Guest Ray Davis

If you think it was cooling ok then I would look at the reversing valve.   it is outside under the plastic cover.  Sometimes just rapping it with a wrench, hammer or something will jar it loose.   There is a magnetic coil on top that can go bad, and those are replaceable.

Have you tried searching the net for a manual?    Try here.  https://www.rverscorner.com/RV_Manuals.html

Too cold out to tell if it's cooling or not although it worked fine over the summer and the heat portion was working fine up until a few weeks ago.

I did find a manual to download so now I'll do some troubleshooting.  Looks like the reversing valve, solenoid or ambient temp sensor could all be suspects.

If it is the valve itself, rather than just the solenoid is it general consensus that it would be better to replace the whole unit?

15 minutes ago, Oregon04Windsor said:

Too cold out to tell if it's cooling or not although it worked fine over the summer and the heat portion was working fine up until a few weeks ago.

I did find a manual to download so now I'll do some troubleshooting.  Looks like the reversing valve, solenoid or ambient temp sensor could all be suspects.

If it is the valve itself, rather than just the solenoid is it general consensus that it would be better to replace the whole unit?

I'd say it depends how equipped you are to do it yourself. If you pay someone to do the whole deal, may as well get a new one.

39 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

I'd say it depends how equipped you are to do it yourself. If you pay someone to do the whole deal, may as well get a new one.

I'm equipped to do it but don't have the time to do it lol.  Also it's nearing 20 years old so probably not worth taking the chance.

Guest Ray Davis

If you are referring to the valve itself, I haven't ever heard of replacing one.  The coil / solenoid is replaced now and then, it's an easy job.

These A/Cs are pretty much throwaway units.  Sign of the times, I guess.  If market shortages continue that may change.  Cubans can keep a car running forever.   😊