Where's my power?

GypsyJo

I've read the posts on No Power and I think I'm in similar boat.  2006 Monaco Camelot.  Just got new Duracell Gel batteries installed and inverter settings changed.  Brought coach home and everything worked great for about 24 hours. I woke this morning and plugged in my electric heater and it kicked my power but I can't find where.  I've checked the part coming from 50 Amp plug in at the box,  it's good,  I checked my breakers, there is power to all of them,  I replaced GFCI still no power there or any of my outlets.  The gushes read 50 amps coming in.  I started my generator to see what I'd get and only one outlet worked at 15amps.  Checked the basement and no power there.  I did a hard reset and still no change.  Inverter is inverting.  That's all I got.   This old lady is just lost.  Help

Do you have a separate circuit breaker box for your inverter? I have a separate box right next to my main circuit breaker box in the bedroom. If you do check all of those breakers. Don’t just look at them shut them off and reset them.

Tim

What inverter do you have?

If it's a Magnum, they are on the side of the inverter facing out toward you.  They are labeled 16 and 17 in the picture below.

Dwight

Over current protection for inverter 120vac output - iRV2 Forums

If it's not the inverter circuit breaker, there's one more thing you could check, which is the "high current breaker".  In my coach it's on a sidewall in the battery bay.  Mine has a rod that pops out when it trips.  The rod looks sort of like the long side of an Allen wrench.   I popped mine years ago when I turned ALL the lights on in the coach while dry camping.   At that point I had halogens in many places.  I've since replaced everything with LEDs and it probably would not happen again.  An electric heater might also pop that breaker, which would kill all input from the batteries to the coach.

Dwight

One more thing . . . you mentioned you replaced the GFI outlet.  If you have a pure sine wave inverter, you shouldn't have a problem.  If you've got an MSW inverter, most GFI outlets will not work.  Don't ask how I know that.  If you've still got your original GFI outlet, you may need it.  If not, there's a small list of GFI outlets that will work with MSW inverters.

10 minutes ago, Dwight Lindsey said:

Do watch your new GFI outlet.  When I replaced mine, the GFI would randomly trip.  Since I wasn't smart enough to keep the original breaker, I had to do a search and find a special GFI made by Pass & Seymour.  If your new GFI trips randomly . . . put the old one back in if you can.

I sure will.  Thank you

• 2 months later...

I’m thinking of replacing my magnum inverter in my 2006 Monaco with a Pure sine wave inverter 3000 watt.I have new Duracell gel batteries. Will this work ok in my coach?  My magnum keeps kicking off and I’m having to keep resetting it.