Florida coastal area suggestions, please

joefromperry

My wife and I usually spend a month or two in Florida, getting away from the cold and snow in Ohio. We've varied the places we've gone, and now are looking for some suggestions. We have a 45' Monaco Signature, pulling a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Specifically, we're looking for friendly RV parks, resorts, campgrounds that will accomodate us on the Atlantic side, from Melbourne to St. Lucie for January 2023, and on the Gulf side, from Cedar Key to Ft. Myers for February. Please give us some suggestions, plus and minus, of resorts you've visited. Thanks in advance. (cross-posting this)

Just to clarify: we're not looking to be on the water / beach, just within reasonable drive.

Edited by joefromperry
added info

On the gulf side, we stayed at Camp Gulf in Sandestin and liked it a lot. Just spent a weekend there,  but it was great.  Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, AL is also great and on the gulf, just not in FL. 

I stay halfway between Ft Myers and West Palm Beach so not what you're looking for. I can however give a double thumbs down and middle finger to Sun Outdoors Sarasota. Only place I could find when we had to go to Sarasota for a few days in January. $115 per night for a miniature lot made out of chat which stuck in the treads of our shoes. Helpful people there though. I was watching my wife in the mirror as she directed me back into this postage stamp lot and someone screamed Stop Stop! I slammed on my brakes and see some guy waving his arms at me. He says You back up any farther and your jacks won't reach! I said thanks pal but I have no jacks only air.

Edited by FishAR