Ride Height Valve Replacement Advice-How to Remove All Air From Both Air Tanks

JJMonaco

The passenger side rear ride-height control valve does not seem to be working correctly on my 2002 Signature 40 and needs to be replaced.  When at full pressure I tried moving it up and down and it only made a small air pressure pssst...and did not raise/lower the coach.  I have the new valve.

Before I start the project I am looking to get some step by step advice on the replacement procedure and adjustment.  I know the ride height for my 2002 Signature 40 is 9"

Assuming I have the coach up on ramps and properly blocked for safety, I understand I need to drain the air pressure out of the system before removing the valve.  I'm not sure how to do this other than using the dump valve on the HWH control panel.  Am I correct in thinking that there is still reserve air in the system at this point for the brakes after using the HWH dump control?  How do I remove the remaining  air pressure from the tanks?  Is this as simple as opening the water drain petcocks on the bottom of the front and rear air tanks?

Once I have the old one out what's the proper way to get the coach ride height adjusted?

Any info will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

JJ

I would assume you have some sort of condensation drain on your tanks.  I have them on the bottom of my tanks but they may be remote mounted and the valves mounted somewhere convenient, possibly near the generator or other place.

I had to do work on my air system and used these drains every time I had to drain the air. 

When I checked my ride height I cut a small board to the right length and used it to check both sides until I got it adjusted correctly.  Easier then trying to use a measuring tape.

1 hour ago, jjroxus said:

The passenger side rear ride-height control valve does not seem to be working correctly on my 2002 Signature 40 and needs to be replaced.  When at full pressure I tried moving it up and down and it only made a small air pressure pssst...and did not raise/lower the coach.  I have the new valve.

Before I start the project I am looking to get some step by step advice on the replacement procedure and adjustment.  I know the ride height for my 2002 Signature 40 is 9"

Assuming I have the coach up on ramps and properly blocked for safety, I understand I need to drain the air pressure out of the system before removing the valve.  I'm not sure how to do this other than using the dump valve on the HWH control panel.  Am I correct in thinking that there is still reserve air in the system at this point for the brakes after using the HWH dump control?  How do I remove the remaining  air pressure from the tanks?  Is this as simple as opening the water drain petcocks on the bottom of the front and rear air tanks?

Once I have the old one out what's the proper way to get the coach ride height adjusted?

Thanks,

JJ

There is a detailed specific procedure to adjust the ride height.  I posted the procedure on this group once before.  My procedure came from a tech who worked at the Wildwood service center.  Call the Rev group telephone to get the procedure.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

2 hours ago, jjroxus said:

Thanks,

JJ

JJ, no air, rear brakes are locked on. Air pressure releases the brakes.

Gary 05 AMB DST

3 hours ago, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

There is a detailed specific procedure to adjust the ride height.  I posted the procedure on this group once before.  My procedure came from a tech who worked at the Wildwood service center.  Call the Rev group telephone to get the procedure.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

It is a requirement of this group to post your first name and first initial of your last name Chuck B 2004 Windsor

I made a newbie discovery.  After several hours of trouble shooting yesterday, I found I had to have the ignition key on to make the ride height valves work.  So the valve that I was trying to adjust works.  In the next few days when time and weather  permits I will have another go at getting the coach adjusted.

Wow!  What a way waste time-but that’s what I signed up for- to be a coach mechanic.  I’m learning a-lot.

Thanks to you all for your advice.

“I’ll be back”

JJ

Edited by jjroxus

On 3/12/2022 at 7:57 AM, jjroxus said:

I made a newbie discovery.  After several hours of trouble shooting yesterday, I found I had to have the ignition key on to make the ride height valves work.  So the valve that I was trying to adjust works.  In the next few days when time and weather  permits I will have another go at getting the coach adjusted.

Wow!  What a way waste time-but that’s what I signed up for- to be a coach mechanic.  I’m learning a-lot.

Thanks to you all for your advice.

“I’ll be back”

JJ

I'm right there with you JJ.