Shoreline hose Reel

Guest terry05dip

Guest terry05dip

Have a Shoreline RVW5003 hose reel on a 05 Dip. Unit is discontinued. Removed unit. It is leaking out of the exit side. Did some reading and maybe able to drill out rivets and replace some O rings ? Has anyone had any experience doing this ? Where the unit is located is very tight. If I have to replace is the replacement model RW40RMK? Has to be near identical. Thank for all replies.

Terry I believe that I have the same or similar power reel on my 03 Executive and of course the OEM is goine. Mine was leaking where the fresh water enters the reel and there is a swivel fitting . A bit hard to see but there are 2 or 4 screws to remove and the swivel fitting will pop off. As you guessed it was a bad o-ring readily available at any hardware store. Replace it, reassemble and you should be good to go . I don't want to remove my power reel if I don't have to because the space in that compartment is so limited nothing much else would fit except a coiled hose.  

I also recall that the first leak I had was the hose clamp that holds the hose onto the reel. It had loosened. A nut driver and a few twists and that leak was fixed. 

Good luck,

Ken Wilcox - 2003 The Executive

Also, if your gears are weak or stripped on a Shoreline Hose Reel, there is a fellow in Southern California who makes a gear ‘milled’ from solid stock instead of injection molded:

John Delmatoff
 Jondel1234@yahoo.com

When my gear stripped last year, I purchased a gear and rivet kit from him for $75 and the the thing has worked flawlessly since then.

Guest terry05dip

Thanks for the help. Replaced the o rings. The hardest part was removing the unit. Had to completely tear out the wet bay panel. Great site. 

The drive gear on my Shoreline lost a couple of teeth and would no longer retract the hose--lots of turning by hand to get the hose back in. I was able to take the reel apart enough to get to the damaged gear and remove it. I trip to a local gear and bearing shop produced a nearly exact steel gear for about $15. It has been working perfectly for about two years. 

Roger
2006 Endeavor

• 1 year later...