Hwh 600 series air only troubleshooting.

Hey guys my coach rear air bags won't air up in manual mode. They lift in key on travel mode but the rear button is inoperable. They drop but won't lift / fill. Tanks have 115psi

I downloaded the manual and it's kinda confusing. 

Anyone have a experience on where to start?

Checked fuses and can confirm button lights up on control panel and control box. 

Thanks

Different 6 pack solenoids are in play for leveling vs travel mode. One for each rear so having a double fault is less likely. Does your touch pad show the usual flashing red when you do it manually? If not, it could be just the momentary switch in the pad.

Negative it does not flash in manual mode. Auto level does level but I think it is compensating for the rear bags not lifting. 

The drop button does work for the rear but I get no click when trying to lift. 

Ill push harder maybe it's just the button. 

Interesting. Didn't think of that. 

That's why these forums rock. 

I will try when I get back. Let's say it does..then that leads to the switch?

Let's say it doesn't, more of a 6 pack issue? 

Guest Ray Davis

My Windsor flashes when I do automatic level then goes to steady red.

As Ivan said both L&R solenoids bad is not likely.  IIRCC there are fuses inside the control box, maybe one fuse feeds both solenoids.  One fuse could help guard against dropping one side too much and twist the coach.

Bahahha well got back opened it up and saw this..

20220430_140006.jpg

Turned into this... 

So here's the weird part. Unplugged all tampered connections check wiring.. which is actually all connected 🤔  not chewed thru. Chewed on. Plugged it all back in and it all works... so like now what.. electric tape it and seal the box?? Really don't want to tear it all out if I don't need to.. 

Thoughts?

20220430_141004.jpg

Nice, nature at works, got lucky. I would put traps everywhere to get what still might live around there. I think it is futile to protect just one box when there is so much other stuff to chew on. I have not had mice since I plugged in one of the electronic deterrent devices that we used to have in the house. Of course I have seals around hose and cable openings.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

We used urinal pucks 10 years full timing. Never had a rodent problem. Just penetrate the wrapper with a pointed object, and distribute in the basement. They will last 6-8 months.

Paul. You are always a wealth of information.  I have not used them, is there any brand/type to look for?

Edited by Hypoxia

31 minutes ago, Hypoxia said:

Paul. You are always a wealth of information.  I have not used them, is there any brand/type to look for?

Thank you. No. We bought at Walmart. Kept track of the Brandy quality though 

So.. moving forward with this, rear air works only on one side. Left side now lifts with the rear lift button but the right side does not.

Is that more of a solenoid issue on the six pack?

Check fuse #8 in in the controller for continuity and power since that's where you found the trash. If it checks out, it should pass power all the way to the raise solenoid unless severely chewed on. You would need an assistant to push the button unless you master some remote camera and wiring. Or you can check for power at the solenoid but I would start where the first issue was.

• Thanks 1

Guest Ray Davis

I did have an open solenoid coil one time.  I ordered one and while waiting I started to crack open the plastic where the wires entered and found a thin wire was loose, so I resoldered it.  I checked continuity, epoxied the hole I had dug, and it is still working.

Guest Ray Davis

For continuity you can unplug each solenoid.  They have a couple of wires coming out of each one with a connector a few inches from the coil.  Unplug and use your ohms or continuity setting on your VOM.   You could also supply 12v to the coil to see if it reacts / clicks like the others.  I suggest you unplug them one at a time, although they are supposed to be labeled, mine were not very legible.

Regarding the mice, you can purchase liquid tape. If you can get to the wires it's much easier than tape. Really check all of the wires closely for continuity, they could have easily chewed through. I have a Corvette that had mice and many chewed wires. I cut and spliced them all, we're talking twenty some wires, everything works now. Wiring back when your coach was made had vegetable based insulation, very tasty to rodents. The pucks are a good idea.

Just a suggestion, best of luck.