Ride Height

Hi folks, 

In my pursuit of trying to get a smoother ride out of my R4R chassis - so far I’ve really

only just changed the shocks - which did help tremendously with the smaller bumps and what not, I have come to the conclusion that this coach I bought last year is riding under the manufacturer specs with regards to ride height.  It’s been this way since I bought it - but ultimately the front is 1” low and the rear is 3/4” low according to the manual.  I’m measuring between the steel plates of the airbags, and I’m just wondering if this is one of those cases where if it’s been like this for a long time, would I be causing premature stresses and wear by changing it to what the manual is recommending, or just leave it and change it if/when I replace the four airbags.  
Would love to hear some thoughts on this.  Thanks.  

Thanks Chuck, I am well aware of that and that was one of my questions to the previous owner during the sale.  My Cayman has been outfitted with the Source Engineering trailing arm kit.  

I'd say at the rear it depends on how much you care about driveshaft angle for u-joint life. Usual recommendation is 1-3° angle. In my case, with 32" driveshaft, a 3/4" deviation would add or remove 1.3° from the correct, lets assume 2° setting. Not horrible. That angle is constantly changing as you drive, unless Canadian roads are like glass. Just keep up with the grease job. Both front and rear hights will effect steering caster but given the distance between axles, very little and given that both are low, there is no practical change in that sense.