Shore power reel motor

06 Monaco Camelot;

It appears that I have burned out the drive motor to my shore power drive reel. The last time I used it I believe the motor continued to operate in retract mode even after the cord was fully wound. How do I confirm it’s the motor and is the drive motor accessible to replace? The switch now does nothing and reel spins freely by hand. 

Ted,

See this post:

I'm pretty confident the Shoreline hose reel and the Shoreline power cord reel use the same motor…. Might be worth a shot. 

…and while I had it open, I would buy a replacement gear from John Delmatoff (his is made of sterner stuff and will last longer). 

I’ve replaced the gears on both of my Shoreline reels and they look pretty much the same, other than the electrical vs. plumbing connections. 

hope that helps. 

26 minutes ago, Ted Carbonaro said:

06 Monaco Camelot;

It appears that I have burned out the drive motor to my shore power drive reel. The last time I used it I believe the motor continued to operate in retract mode even after the cord was fully wound.  

Sounds like possibly your switch failed.

Did you check for a burned fuse?

John Delmatoff sold me a gear for my hose reel and the same gear for a shore power reel by Shorline.  The old gear was broken, which you could tell by pressing the retract button and getting noise, but no retracting.