Monaco Part # 16614690

Thanks,

I have something making a sound very fant sound (screeching sound)  when my engine temperature is around 195 or higher. And the check gauges light comes on and off  very fant as well. My engine does not go over 210 when going up a steep grade. What is the normal operating heat range for a 2003 ISM? Any ideas what to look for?

With my ISM, 229°F is considered "Most Severe Level" and I would get a Stop Engine light. My normal cruising temp is 187 and I keep it at or below ~200 by downshifting and speed control when needed. Your 210 should be alright IMO but i would not go higher, I am just babying it and also watching the boost gauge, still climbing better than most trucks or other RVs. I just don't want blown hoses, works for me with the pre-emissions engine.

22 hours ago, Busnut said:

Thanks,

I have something making a sound very fant sound (screeching sound)  when my engine temperature is around 195 or higher. And the check gauges light comes on and off  very fant as well. My engine does not go over 210 when going up a steep grade. What is the normal operating heat range for a 2003 ISM? Any ideas what to look for?

As for the sound, it could be that board or one like it.   The round part you see peeking through the black heat shrink is a piezo buzzer.   Older ones like ours will chirp quieter especially at lower voltages.

There must be one tied to temperature too; its interesting to learn about alarms that may be on my coach that I have never heard in 19 years of ownership.   Perhaps its in the manual or schematics.   I should probably read it again.

8 minutes ago, granvillebarker said:

As for the sound, it could be that board or one like it.   The round part you see peeking through the black heat shrink is a piezo buzzer.   Older ones like ours will chirp quieter especially at lower voltages.

There must be one tied to temperature too; its interesting to learn about alarms that may be on my coach that I have never heard in 19 years of ownership.   Perhaps its in the manual or schematics.   I should probably read it again.

For those of us with hearing disorders, I depend on DW.  I “think” that most of the beepers or piezo buzzers work off dashboard cluster.  Mine is multitalented as it will produce all sorts of lights and warnings…LOL.  But, I did get the prints for it from the vendor.  It has many MORE alarm circuits that Monaco chose to use.

As a comment, all the alarm circuits are “grounding” controlled….as in, if a component or a switch fails, the “home run” loop grounds out.  BUT, on mine, the “Bay Door Open” circuit was installed with the wiring harness….but I don’t have the individual switches….one each bay.  BUT there was a chafed wire in the engine compartment and it was full time. I finally isolated the area or the wiring cluster and played with it and got it shut off.  My NEXT plan was to cut the incoming wire for that circuit at the dash plug….

i really think that some of these are different in that I have heard some loud one in other Monaco’s but mine is really faint….and sometime even road noise will drown it out for my copilots hearing…