Omaga 1 Awing

Has anyone ever rewound the spring on a omaga 1 topper ?  I put a new fabric on it and now it won’t retract. 

15 minutes ago, Bob Schmeckpeper said:

You tube should have a video on it. I  have the carefree of Colorado awning.  

Thank you I’ll look it up tonight. 

Call Stone Vos. They should be able to clue you in on how many rotations to start with.

352-942-0224

710 South Main Street

Brooksville, FL 34601

3 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Call Stone Vos. They should be able to clue you in on how many rotations to start with.

352-942-0224

710 South Main Street

Brooksville, FL 34601

Thanks I’ll do that Monday 

1 hour ago, gjh2916 said:

Rule of thumb length of awning/topper by feet plus 7 equals amount of turns

Is that for all toppers or just the Omega?

I have SOKIII’s.

You should be able to Google and get the instructions.  You prewind the tube and use filter wrench to hold in place and insert fabric.  I believe it was 15 turns to preload.  You can also take the right arm loose and wind more if it needs it later, it’s just not as convenient.

14 hours ago, MHRookie said:

You should be able to Google and get the instructions.  You prewind the tube and use filter wrench to hold in place and insert fabric.  I believe it was 15 turns to preload.  You can also take the right arm loose and wind more if it needs it later, it’s just not as convenient.

I already but the fabric on the topper 

45 minutes ago, sg47619 said:

I already but the fabric on the topper 

My SOKIII have an alignment hole on the right side and all I do is insert a 3” cotter pin and slightly spread the end so it wind fall out. Fabric should have about 3/4” clearance on each end. I just rotate inward slightly till I can insert the pin. Then it’s locked to the spring. Then I remove topper and roller and move slide in 4 to 8 inches, hand roll topper on roller and reset into ends. 8” is close to one rotation of roller. That’s how I was told to put more tension to keep topper taught.

2 hours ago, MHRookie said:

They you will have to put out the slide then take the arm loose on right side and wind it.  The instructions will tell you how to do it.

2 hours ago, MHRookie said:

They you will have to put out the slide then take the arm loose on right side and wind it.  The instructions will tell you how to do it.

Where do I fine the instructions at ?

I an replacing the spring on my slides topper can any one give me the direction to tighten it up. I beleive it is an omega 11 not sure.   The numbers on the tube are DT ;4057  SN; 2042860277  PN;  uj148emjb429

36 minutes ago, bonfield said:

I an replacing the spring on my slides topper can any one give me the direction to tighten it up. I beleive it is an omega 11 not sure.   The numbers on the tube are DT ;4057  SN; 2042860277  PN;  uj148emjb429

Carefree Spring Chart - Change & Tension.pdf
I have to thank Kurt for this.

Edited by Gary M

2 hours ago, bonfield said:

Call Carefree Colorado with part numbers and maybe they can help you.