Have you replaced the hose on your Glenndinning Hose Reel?

LakeBob

The water hose on our 2009 Monaco Dynasty coach is showing its age and I'd like to replace it.    Has anyone installed a new hose?    I havent looked at how its attached to the reel yet.   Can you easily install a similar size and quality hose, or do you just get a new reel and hose assembly?  

Thanks!

We have a 2008 Monaco Camelot and replaced the hose with one that was actually longer than the original. The previous owner had gotten it and I believe it was the correct size. it was the same size hose and on my coach had to be accessed though a maintenance hatch (think 12x20) in the wall bordering the water bay halfway between the water bay on the propane bottle. The hardest part was the small size of the opening. My coach is 36' so my wife had to do most of the removal. The process was about what you would expect (unreal the hose, take off a panel on the reel to access the water hose connection, Loosen the hose clamp holding the hose onto a barb fitting, cut the hose off,  push the new hose on (easier if you heat the end with a hair dryer or heat gun to make the cut end more flexible, tighten the hose clamp, put the panel back on and wind up the hose. Our full length hose sometimes drags in the last 2 feet, but it is 40' now and works great (I think the old hose was cut down because over the years it got bulges in the hose from constant exposure to heat/sunlight that needed to be gotten rid of).

Some (Maybe many) rigs, especially larger ones, will have easier access to the reel. But in our case access logistics (and mt 250lb girth) were the "Biggest Obstacles".

Took us about an hour to complete the replacement. Good Luck.

Replaced our hose with a Flexzilla hose.  Removed almost all of the old hose leaving about 3 ft attached to the reel.  Purchased a brass barbed fitting from Home Depot and used it to attach the new hose to the old.  I had to remove the end of the hose not needed but saved the hose I cut off from the new hose.  The Flexzilla hose is 50 ft long and I cut about 15 ft off of it.  I purchased a new hose end and now use this section if I encounter a situation where my hose reel is too short.  I have had to use it on a few occasions, and it worked great.  The Flexzilla hose has worked great and remains very flexible and easy to store.  

Most of the job is dictated by the location of the hose reel, some are relatively easy to get to and others aren't so fun. If you have the same type as mine the the hose and spool come as a unit and the unit is not cheap. If you can get to it, it's not hard the change out.

13 hours ago, JohnC3 said:

We have a 2008 Monaco Camelot and replaced the hose with one that was actually longer than the original. The previous owner had gotten it and I believe it was the correct size. it was the same size hose and on my coach had to be accessed though a maintenance hatch (think 12x20) in the wall bordering the water bay halfway between the water bay on the propane bottle. The hardest part was the small size of the opening. My coach is 36' so my wife had to do most of the removal. The process was about what you would expect (unreal the hose, take off a panel on the reel to access the water hose connection, Loosen the hose clamp holding the hose onto a barb fitting, cut the hose off,  push the new hose on (easier if you heat the end with a hair dryer or heat gun to make the cut end more flexible, tighten the hose clamp, put the panel back on and wind up the hose. Our full length hose sometimes drags in the last 2 feet, but it is 40' now and works great (I think the old hose was cut down because over the years it got bulges in the hose from constant exposure to heat/sunlight that needed to be gotten rid of).

Some (Maybe many) rigs, especially larger ones, will have easier access to the reel. But in our case access logistics (and mt 250lb girth) were the "Biggest Obstacles".

Took us about an hour to complete the replacement. Good Luck.

Thank you all for the feedback!  Ours is relatively easy to access through one of the basement compartments. Just have to work laying down.  🙂 

I may just replace the entire reel as it struggles a little to retrieve the hose, even as I always help it along.  

Need to reel out all the hose and take a closer look at the connections and the drive gear and teeth on the reel to determine my best course of action.

Thanks Again!  Love this Group!

Edited by LakeBob