Sanitizing?

Craggar

4 minutes ago, Craggar said:

Maybe I'm missing something but without a pump how do I get the bleach or whatever I use into my fresh water tank?

I have put bleach in my fresh water hose then hooked up to the fresh water inlet connection then turned on the water to fill the tank. This will sanitize your hose too. Another way is if you have an extra water filter housing, ensure there isn't a filter in it, put the bleach in it then connect it inline & turn on the water.

17 minutes ago, Land Lubber said:

I have put bleach in my fresh water hose then hooked up to the fresh water inlet connection then turned on the water to fill the tank. This will sanitize your hose too. Another way is if you have an extra water filter housing, ensure there isn't a filter in it, put the bleach in it then connect it inline & turn on the water.

I too put bleach in the hose then fill the tank.

Guest Ray Davis

Why fool around with a pump just pour it into an empty water hose.  You don't need but about a cup full.  

2 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Why fool around with a pump just pour it into an empty water hose.  You don't need but about a cup full.  

I might do it that way next time but I have a two part kit sold by Thetford that I will need to use 40 oz.'s of it for my tank that I'm going to try this time. I already have one hose made that I use to put the antifreeze in the rv for winter so one more hose is easy and the plug for the pump is close enough I don't need to use a battery to run it. 

I do this when I change my water filter element by unscrewing the housing, removing the filter and put the proper amount of Clorox in the container and then screw it back on. Then I fill the fresh water tank. First though, I drain the fresh water tank. 

TGibbens

15 Dynasty