2006 Executive PS Bedroom Slide Roller Access

I would like to access my PS bedroom rollers but not sure how to get to them. The cover in the photo is loose but will not come off. Reluctant to put more than mild force.  Anyone have any dvise?

Jim Clark

2006 Monaco Executive

2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Bedroom Slide Rollers.jpg

If it is like my Dynasty there are a few screws on top of the area where the drawers are. You have to look in the carpet area. after you remove the screws the whole carpet area will slide out. Good luck. I don't remember there being rollers under there. Mine has a scissor type roller on the sides that you can see on the closet side when the slide is in.

Edited by monacodynasty05
  • Like 1

While I haven't had the need to look for the rollers on that slide, I know there's a lot of wiring and stuff under the dresser drawers. Your picture is of the hamper. It's easy enough to remove. Just squeeze the sides of the slides and pull it out. I'll look at mine tomorrow and see if I can provide any more info....Dennis

BTW, the D/S slide goes in and out at the same speed. A little slower than the other three but that's because it drops down, slides out then pops up in place so that takes some time. Make sure your reservoir is topped off. It's under your stairwell...D

Edited by Dennis H

On my '07 Signature the carpeted face that you are showing comes off.  There are always screws buried in that carpeting that are hard to find.  I had a roller that pulled the retaining screws out because they weren't installed correctly.  Get a rare earth magnet, you'll find them.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 8:24 AM, Hypoxia said:

On my '07 Signature the carpeted face that you are showing comes off.  There are always screws buried in that carpeting that are hard to find.  I had a roller that pulled the retaining screws out because they weren't installed correctly.  Get a rare earth magnet, you'll find them.

I also had a roller break loose on that BR slide where the heads of the 2 screws on a middle roller popped for some reason allowing that roller to come totally free.  I believe my '07 Patriot Thunder Winchester III is extremely similar to your Nobel III.  Had no warnings of any problems with that slide until big pop when the heads broke on that one roller upon retraction one day.  BTW, Slide is hydraulic with a flow control valve by front steps where one can adjust the speed of movement, and it was throttled down quite a bit from full flow.   I retrieved the roller+bracket from under the trim and the slide continued to function with no binding under minimal use until I could get to a shop a couple weeks later.  They could not find a cause of why the screw heads popped off.

I probably could find pictures of that area under repair if desired.  It was hard to find all the screws attaching that carpeted trim piece.

I have looked for screws with no luck.  Pulled the hamper drawer and found some electrical, mainly to the TV. Found that drawer slide was bad so replaced it. This slide has not given me too much trouble. Had Talin install Guardian plates last year. I have found some mysterious washers on the floor and wanted to inspect the rollers. The cover moves about 1" up, down and back and forth. I thought there may be some secret Monaco latch that I couldn't find.

I will report back when I get it removed. Plenty of time right now so hasn't been a problem. Thanks for all the input!!

• 3 weeks later...

Follow Up: I finally located the screws and removed the cover. (See photo for screw location)  The rollers are much smaller than expected but seem to be in good shape. Many loose screws and tyewraps. The large washer that I had previously found was from the front slid adjustment. Looks like I will need to remove the trim to get to it. I can see it with a mirror.1141689097_BRSlideRollerAccess.thumb.jpg.52166a0aa3f391c49a63cadf6878db0c.jpg

I was hoping it was Velcro! It seems pretty tight, but probably hasn't been off in years. Learned a lot about the rollers and what was underneath, just as anxious to learn more about the sides. I've got sketches, but nothing like seeing the real thing, especially when 3 of my slides are operated the same.

Jim Clark