underlying rust

Hi everyone, I bought a beautiful 2004 Sanitiam about 8 months ago and I love it. My wife and I are spending a lot of time and money to customize it to our taste, in a few months we would like to leave Miami for 6-8 months of vacation throughout the USA and then embark for Europe where we will spend another 6-8 months. I (think) can solve any problem with my RV, except a big problem that I don't know how to solve. The frame that supports the various baggage compartments is completely rotten, falling apart. I was thinking of having new sleepers welded underneath but it seems like a bad job. Unfortunately here in Miami I don't find a valid chassis shop that can give me the right support, so I ask you, if anyone has already faced this problem. thank you

10 hours ago, Valentino said:

Hi everyone, I bought a beautiful 2004 Sanitiam about 8 months ago and I love it. My wife and I are spending a lot of time and money to customize it to our taste, in a few months we would like to leave Miami for 6-8 months of vacation throughout the USA and then embark for Europe where we will spend another 6-8 months. I (think) can solve any problem with my RV, except a big problem that I don't know how to solve. The frame that supports the various baggage compartments is completely rotten, falling apart. I was thinking of having new sleepers welded underneath but it seems like a bad job. Unfortunately here in Miami I don't find a valid chassis shop that can give me the right support, so I ask you, if anyone has already faced this problem. thank you

Have you searched the posts here? There was someone who had your issue and removed existing and welded together new.

On 7/26/2022 at 4:39 PM, Valentino said:

I live in the U.K. and had a similar problem with my 2000 Diplomat. I took it to a local garage with welding facilities, they welded on a length of angle iron and then applied underseal. Apparently the outrigger supports and associated metal work are not regarded as chassis members in the U.K. obviously that could be different in the USA. Try a small shop with welding facilities and remember to remove both positive and negatives from BOTH battery banks.

3 hours ago, Valentino said:

thanks for the help, unfortunately in these big cities the little garages don't exist anymore, and nobody wants to get their hands on a 20 year old RV. i miss my Europe 😞

Maybe you need to take it somewhere to a redneck country and find some Johnny's Welding outfit where they can do repairs not one of the nice big shops would do. Been there when a truck broke our mirror arm and everyone said it's not possible to weld it up. This little Nebraskan country shop with dirt floor got us going in no time for little cash.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2022 at 9:25 PM, Gary M said:

Have you searched the posts here? There was someone who had your issue and removed existing and welded together new.

Gary

Try https://josamusa.com/

On 7/26/2022 at 10:39 AM, Valentino said:

Try; https://josamusa.com/