2006 Signature Intellitec shade and awning modules

pwhittle

Upcoming member has a 2006 Signature and had water in his main Intellitec CPU which caused all sorts of havoc as it was acting like all buttons were being pressed all the time.

I was able to install a new CPU and get it programmed. Everything worked except the shade and awning modules which are installed behind an access panel in the center cabinet above the dash.

There is a 12 GA red wire supplying power to the 4 Quad H-Bridge a Intellitec modules that is reading 2V rather than 12V.

The wiring diagram for the 2006 Dynasty shows those modules as an option powered from the FRB, but we did not find the source of that 12 GA there. It looks like someone at Monaco did not follow the diagrams.

Does anyone have the same or similar and know where that is powered from?

I have a similar switch panel behind and above the drives set that operates in conjunction with a module behind the TV.

If yours is wired the same as mine it never worked from the factory because the module wasn't wired to the awnings correctly. I have 1 purple wire going from the module to the lower sealed area of the AV cabinet (where the Magnum Inverter Remote panel is mounted) where the controller for the box awning is located and nothing going to the door awning. The purple wire. was never connected to anything and that single conductor can't do everything i.e extend, pause, retract 2 sperate awnings.

I have schematics for the Executive/Signature and it has nothing on how the module is suppose to be wired to box or door awnings.

Based on my understanding of the intellitec system I would have to run 4 more conductors and properly program the module (don't see how it would of been programed correctly when it wasn't wired right).

I resigned my self to using the awning switches above the entry door or the remote for the box awning.

I'm the third owner of this coach and half the stuff I've fixed has been stuff that didn't work from the factory.

I am curious who you got to do your programing. I only know of the outfit out of Ohio. They had been making trips to Florida every winter but stopped doing that a couple years ago when a hurricane trashed there 5th Wheel.

Hope this helps

10 hours ago, Old Dog said:

I am curious who you got to do your programing. I only know of the outfit out of Ohio. They had been making trips to Florida every winter but stopped doing that a couple years ago when a hurricane trashed there 5th Wheel.

I am an Intellitec reseller. I can backup and program the CPU’s and Keypads. I am also able to purchase parts directly from Intellitec, if they are available. Unfortunately the keypads that they made for Monaco were custom to Monaco, and no longer available. Other Intellitec keypads will work functionally, but they are a different size and shape and would require the hole to be opened up to mount them.

if we are ever together(with any of you), I am happy to make a backup of your Intellitec CPU. No charge. I backed up quite a few at the last Gathering. I have had some people stop by our place in Woodstock, GA so we can back up their Intellitec CPU. The last one had a faulty switch panel and I had one available and was able to get them going.

On the 2006 Signature I was working on with the issue I asked about, I found what looked like a faulty keypad, I was getting ready to install a replacement, but saw one of the pins in the harness had backed out, and I was able to fix it without replacing the keypad.

The modules we found are 4-Channel 12V H-bridge modules. Each channel has two outputs and the direction is changed by reversing the polarity of the two outputs. These will work directly with DC motors like on the shades. We did not get to the awning controls which are 120V on our coach and operated wirelessly from a remote.

Paul

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 7:53 PM, pwhittle said:

I am an Intellitec reseller. I can backup and program the CPU’s and Keypads. I am also able to purchase parts directly from Intellitec, if they are available. Unfortunately the keypads that they made for Monaco were custom to Monaco, and no longer available. Other Intellitec keypads will work functionally, but they are a different size and shape and would require the hole to be opened up to mount them.

if we are ever together(with any of you), I am happy to make a backup of your Intellitec CPU. No charge. I backed up quite a few at the last Gathering. I have had some people stop by our place in Woodstock, GA so we can back up their Intellitec CPU. The last one had a faulty switch panel and I had one available and was able to get them going.

On the 2006 Signature I was working on with the issue I asked about, I found what looked like a faulty keypad, I was getting ready to install a replacement, but saw one of the pins in the harness had backed out, and I was able to fix it without replacing the keypad.

The modules we found are 4-Channel 12V H-bridge modules. Each channel has two outputs and the direction is changed by reversing the polarity of the two outputs. These will work directly with DC motors like on the shades. We did not get to the awning controls which are 120V on our coach and operated wirelessly from a remote.

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for offering your services, I'm going to be traveling to Kings Bay from the west coast this winter and my look you up. Can you please pm your business contact info.

As to the awning control circuits I could see how reversing the signal polarity would give you the in/out on the bigger awning but with only the one conductor in my case I don't see how it would or could include separate control of the door awning.

When I traced it out it looked like No one knew what to do and left the wiring floating rather then connect to the Girad Controller. I have another issue with 1 switch panel but its simple programing. Most importantly is getting a back up of the programing. Without that it's a time consuming process.

Look forward to hearing form you.

Don