Help in selling RV

We have decided that the time has come for us to stop motor homing and are looking for some selling advice. How do we establish the value of the coach and thus, a selling price? What are the best ways to sell/advertise the coach? 

Thank you,

Ray and Tam Murley

2009 Dynasty

One option is to look at the price of comparable coaches both nationally and in your area.  Look at a couple of the RV selling websites like RVTrader.com. 

Make adjustments for condition and mileage. 

You can look up the price using NADA.com.  https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs    Look up the value with and without options. 

Then do a search of near by RV dealers to see if there any similar coaches listed. 

Take all the above and determine an appropriate value.

Ray,

First, I’m sad to see you and Tam hanging up the driving gloves and camping chairs…. The two of you, along with Jack and Betty, were a huge force in welcoming Debbie and I to our first Monacoers Gathering back in 2018. We remember that very fondly.

I’m a fan of David at RV Appraisals.  He does a lot of research monitoring actual sales prices of coaches across the US, and as a bonus, formerly worked at Monaco as VP of Sales.  He has a wealth of knowledge, and has provided me a lot of pricing data when looking at Dynastys, Execs, and Sigs (we haven’t found one yet, so we still have the Diplomat).  It was $99 well spent.

You can reach him through the website at https://rvpricingandappraisals.com/ or email him at David@RvPricingAndAppraisals.com .  But my recommendation would be to call him at (530) 208-5750.  

As far as advertising, of course you can post the coach here for free.  It’s a very specific audience, and the price is right.  Listing on RVTrader.com will hit a very wide audience.  With the pristine condition of your coach, I would suggest trying the free methods (monacoers.org, irv2.com) for a week or two before moving to the paid services, unless you’re in a hurry!

All the best,

Scotty 

1 hour ago, jacwjames said:

One option is to look at the price of comparable coaches both nationally and in your area.  Look at a couple of the RV selling websites like RVTrader.com. 

Make adjustments for condition and mileage. 

You can look up the price using NADA.com.  https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs    Look up the value with and without options. 

Then do a search of near by RV dealers to see if there any similar coaches listed. 

Take all the above and determine an appropriate value.

Most all RV dealers consider the wholesale value without the options.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Ray,

We sold our 2002 Monaco Windsor this past springtime through a Broker located in Florida called POP RV.

I had advertised it in the local Craigslist listings (Daytona Beach area) and in the Facebook Marketplace using my wife's FB account, (I don't do FB). Those were both free.

A local representative from POP RV contacted me to inform me about their service. I was hesitant at first but after not getting any interest in the coach from Craigslist and Facebook I signed up.

They will come out and take hundreds of photos and a complete video of your coach inside and out. My rep took almost 300 photos, and the video was awesome as it showed the coach with the slides first closed then opened. Plus, the best part is that they take no fee upfront for all of that work AND you can continue to sell it yourself without having to pay ANY commission to POP RV. If they do sell it, their commission is 10% of the selling price. They use ALL of the Internet RV ad services both domestic and international to advertise the coach. They also sell boats. They will price it 10% over what you want to pocket. Plus, you have the option to reduce the price whenever you choose.

Pop RVs in Sarasota, FL | RV Dealer | Florida (rvusa.com)

Sorry to hear that your RV days are over. I know I will face that same decision some day in the future. However, in the meantime we are enjoying the second phase of RV'ing in our 2006 Monaco Dynasty Countess III coach that is exactly what I was looking for to replace the Windsor.

Good luck!

FWIW I have been a subscriber to RV Trader since I found our Monaco on the site. I get notices,  every once and awhile, although it seems fewer and fewer, with make specific listings, descriptions and listing price. Gives me an idea of what ours could sell for when the time comes.