2006 monaco Windsor hydraulic generator door does not open

Tom Westerfield

Do you the make/manufacturer of the generator slide?

My slide is a power gear system.  The slide controller is in the front drivers side electrical compartment, there is a 5 amp fuse that could have blown.  Just something to check. 

Edited by jacwjames

My '05 Scepter had the same issue.  Turns out the switch on the bottom of the emergency/park brake push/pull switch was defective.  Mine was erratic, sometimes it would work, sometimes not.  Put the brakes on/off once or twice and maybe it would work.  It is bad when it won't open, but worse when it won't close.

Guest Ray Davis

When mine acted up tightening the nuts where the elect cables attached to the solenoids at the pump corrected my problem.

Guest Ray Davis
8 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

Ray,

Do you know what make model of slide that you have?

Sorry Jim,

Off hand I don't know.

Couple of assumptions.  

Start with the simplest.  Use a test light or a VOM.  The Solenoid that has the large cables.  If it only has two large cables, then the 

On 8/19/2022 at 9:50 PM, jacwjames said:

Do you the make/manufacturer of the generator slide?

My slide is a power gear system.  The slide controller is in the front drivers side electrical compartment, there is a 5 amp fuse that could have blown.  Just something to check. 

Jim J has written some good posts on this.  

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/help-with-generator-slide-300712.html

Here is the link to the 2006 Windsor wiring diagram.
https://www.monacoers.org/files/file/388-2006-windsor-camelot-sceptor/

look at the following prints. Diagram, Generator Slide and Diagram, Dash Switches.  They are about halfway in as you scroll.

I assume that your MH is air leveling….no JACKS.  I assume your slides are electric (Manual says that).  There is, as best I could find, nothing about the hydraulic cylinder or ram in the 2006 manual.  Therefore, the only hydraulic chassis system is the Power Gear.

Jim is quite helpful in the IRV2 write up.  Find the fuse.  If you don’t locate it then locate the pump.  This system works by a signal or voltage to EXTEND coming from the switch.  The switch has to have power…if you popped out the switch, there is two one sets of contacts.  Only one wire is attached to the one side.  This is the light. Let’s call that side the top..  The other set is what works it.  So, on that set, start from the bottom or the side OPPOSITE where you have two side by side wires. The second contact up from the bottom is the POWER WIRE to the  switch.  The bottom and the third one are the controls to the motor.  Now, the motor has its own pump controller.   If you do not have 12 VDC on this contact there is one of two possibilities.  Fuse BLOWN.  Find it. OR, the Lockout Relay is bad.  The lockout  relay is most likely controlled by the ignition  switch.  If the ignition is ON…no power to the switch….so you cannot open when driving.

if you hear NO CLICK and have power to the switch center contact….then there may be an issue with the solenoid.

there is NO a wiring diagrams there.  You follow the plugs and the wiring color code and find the two EXTEND/RETRACT wires that come to pump solenoid.  Measure the voltage there on each one when you push or do the extend or retract.  If you have power there….the solenoid is bad.

that it….

• 5 months later...
17 minutes ago, Tom Westerfield said:

It has determined by Cummins that it is the motor. Where can I buy the motor?

Depends on WHOSE  hydraulic system Monaco installed and which model it is.  I know, from past posts, that Lippert, one of the major suppliers used many different motors.  Your motor has to be the same type as the original.  Some motors use a big solenoid to reverse the DC motor and that is obvious if you look the controller.  Some Lippert systems (don’t know how common on Genny slides, but my 2 main slides have a fixed rotation motor and do the reversing).  And then some motors have 3 wires.  So your slide control or Genny slide controller sends 12 VDC to one or the other wire….and the “grounds” are the common one.

There was at least one thread a while back and there is a cheap motor from Amazon for these 3 wire motor….like less than $200….compared to over $1,000 for a new Lippert or $750,for a used one.

Post pictures of the controller and the motor.  Get plate or part numbers from the hydraulic system.  Look on your build sheet for the Name and Model number of that system.  Without it….only those folks with the same year and model are the only ones that might have specific info…

EDIT….

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/generator-slide-out-electric-switch-does-nothing-498949-2.html

OK….for your knowledge bank.  The 2006 Windsor was the LAST year of the Windsor and it was part of a set of TRIPLETS.  The Camelot and Scepter were all the same, except the badges and the paint and the “throw pillows”.  So, start googling.  

I DO believe you have a Power Gear system.  That rings a bell.  you need to spend some time looking and understanding your system.  IF yours looks like this and you have the TWO Solenoids, you have the EXPENSIVE 3 wire motor…..

https://www.monacoers.org/topic/5414-2003-windsor-generator-slide-control-solenoids/

THIS IS THE ANSWER.  Read the whole thread.  Towards the end Jim @jacwjames posted a link to Amazon for that motor….which was used in other applications on different system….but it is supposed to be interchangeable.  Otherwise…..BIG BUCKS ….

verify yours is like it and read and learn….then you should be able to get the motor…..we ALL learned on that thread as the 3 wire hydraulic motor was a rarely used one……

Edited by Tom Cherry

23 hours ago, Tom Westerfield said:

It has determined by Cummins that it is the motor. Where can I buy the motor?

I have the same symptoms with mine. Try a little contact cleaner in your switch.

Also, is your engine off? I haven't tried this but I suspect your cannot open the generator bay when the engine is running. Would be pretty bad to have it open up at 70MPH.