Shore power not showing on intellitec control panel

Wrayj1

11 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Just wanted to understand this procedure correctly. This caution and warning you are talking is about the Inverter cables and NOT the house battery cables, correct?

I have always removed the house negative battery cable FIRST when changing out batteries on any vehicle or coach.

If working just on the Inverter, you MUST remove the positive cable first, then the negative cable.

Yes, basically the warning about the proper sequence in removing cables applies only to the cables at the inverter, not at the batteries.  (My note was to explain how the AGS or BMK units could be damaged if the ground at the inverter was disconnected first.)

The only exception I can think of would be if you added a module like a BMK and connected the negative terminal directly to the battery.  But I doubt anyone would actually do that.

• Thanks 1

Guest Ray Davis
26 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Just wanted to understand this procedure correctly. This caution and warning you are talking is about the Inverter cables and NOT the house battery cables, correct?

I have always removed the house negative battery cable FIRST when changing out batteries on any vehicle or coach.

If working just on the Inverter, you MUST remove the positive cable first, then the negative cable.

Thanks Richard,  I've been mulling over the proceedure too and came up with the same interpretation.

Removing the house battery ground should not be an issue for the Magnum. You have removed its ground completely versus it "looking for" another path to ground.

I know that is not very clear. 

Removing the grounds from the batteries removes any path for the current to flow.