Backup camera

ph1386

I’d like to upgrade mine too, on a 2008 Dynasty. The resolution is poor. I’m certain newer cams must offer a much higher resolution. My daughter has a new Camry with backup cam that has very sharp resolution. 

I just don’t want to have to incur a lot of work and cost to get it done.

Ours was a Weldex B&W from the factory. Thankfully they’re still in business and make a color replacement that was a direct drop-in and plug-n-play.

My experience with back-up cameras is that they are almost all "fish-eye" lenses.  I am not a truly talented backing expert, but I can do OK if I have a person outside directing me (WITHIN VIEW OF MY MIRRORS!!!!).  But one purchase I made I truly love is a rear-view camera with a narrower angle of view, AND the ability to pan left-right, up-down.  With a "fish-eye" lens, as you travel down a highway, when you can first recognize a tiny speck in your rear-view camera, it is a car that is already almost on your bumper.

11 hours ago, vanwill52 said:

My experience with back-up cameras is that they are almost all "fish-eye" lenses.  I am not a truly talented backing expert, but I can do OK if I have a person outside directing me (WITHIN VIEW OF MY MIRRORS!!!!).  But one purchase I made I truly love is a rear-view camera with a narrower angle of view, AND the ability to pan left-right, up-down.  With a "fish-eye" lens, as you travel down a highway, when you can first recognize a tiny speck in your rear-view camera, it is a car that is already almost on your bumper.

That’s what I like about the Weldex, it’s not a fish-eye. I use it more to make sure our Jeep (Sahara) is still attached, when we’re driving….our first trip out we had our other Jeep toad (CJ-5) and the nut on the stinger stripped right off and the ball disconnected…thank God for safety cables and the fact that I was pulling in to a Texaco station when it happened.