2005 Monaco Windsor Step Out Light Problem

Check for couple of small gauge wires that might be going to a magnetic switch. Don't know your step and there's no coach model in your signature but our safety indicator switch is at the rear side of the step, the wheel side, and it has to come to a close proximity of a magnet when retracted. Both are just glued to the metal.

9 hours ago, Gonzalo said:

IT IS A 2005  Monaco Windsor  40 feet long with air leveling air bags 

Gonzalo, I have the same MH and as pointed out, the little magnetic switch is under the step. There is a wired half and another half that matches up when the step is closed. Put the step out to see if part has come off,  but be careful because it can close and cause injury. When closed, the parts should be close together so the magnetic activates the switch and turn off the light.
If the parts are in near contact and the light still stays on, it might be a faulty switch.  Mine still gives be a light intermittently!

8 minutes ago, David White said:

Gonzalo, I have the same MH and as pointed out, the little magnetic switch is under the step. There is a wired half and another half that matches up when the step is closed. Put the step out to see if part has come off,  but be careful because it can close and cause injury. When closed, the parts should be close together so the magnetic activates the switch and turn off the light.
If the parts are in near contact and the light still stays on, it might be a faulty switch.  Mine still gives be a light intermittently!

I check the magnetic and I found two magnetic s switches on the entrance door and one is broke I think that's my problems  it is two switches in one 

9 minutes ago, Gonzalo said:

I check the magnetic and I found two magnetic s switches on the entrance door and one is broke I think that's my problems  it is two switches in one 

If the step goes in and out with the door, it isn't your problem, not for the step anyway. What you are looking for is a little switch outside on side of the step arms. Will have wires coming out of it. 

58 minutes ago, Gonzalo said:

Ok I will check againg but I didn't fine any broke cables 

The wires don't have to be necessarily broken, the switch that might look like a small rectangular plastic block might have shifted or the small magnet fell off. That's based on the way my step works, should be pretty generic principle.

Monaco replaced, under warranty, my switch and the tech glued it in.  Mine was intermittent.  As in if it had rained, it might be on for a while.  The wiring gets corroded.  If your plug and unplug the connectors and then use a bright light, you may see corrosion.  A thin awl or ice pick will sometimes clean off the corrosion.  Plugging any unplugging to abrade or polish the connector will sometimes clean it up.  Most of the Monaco repair shops will also use the black RTV windshield rubber sealer and seal he back of the plugs….as well as the magnet housing.  They also seal the wires going into the controller.

Monaco’s extended warranty finally replaced my controller.

As a Moderator, please update your profile and add your 2005 Windsor to it like most do.

Thanks

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2005 Monaco Windsor Step Out Light Problem
On 10/5/2022 at 10:35 AM, Gonzalo said:

IT IS A 2005  Monaco Windsor  40 feet long with air leveling air bags 

58B236CE-87FC-4067-9514-2B774FBE0764.jpeg

742FE31B-4982-4C1C-B0CC-1325609FC784.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I found this switch for my entry door light and step door 

Car Sliding Door Contact Switch Compatible with VW T3 T4 T5, Opens in a new tab
Qty: 0 (Delete) 12345678910+ Qty:1