Sourcing other minor gaskets and seals

I am not sure this is in the correct forum category so if not please move it to the correct place. In our 2005 Safari, as in all older rigs, the gaskets and weather stripping begins to ware out. I have replaced the slide out seals and basement door gaskets but now I see the thin fin gaskets on the entry door and our 1200 Norcold are coming apart. These are the thin blades that are about 3/8" wide and sweep to seal, similar to the larger slide seals. I have looked on line for the Norcold seal and can not find it and a full door gasket cost so much it would be cheaper to replace the fridge with a residential or 12v (which I may do). For the front door I am having no luck. Any suggestions?

Loel,

I looked all over for replacement weatherstripping for my front door that would match the OEM. No luck.  But, Steele Rubber offers free samples.  I talked w them (helpful people) and got samples, and placed them down low on my door and decided which I feel is best.  I still need to do the replacement though. 

20211208_171703.jpg

20211208_171836.jpg

20211214_082038.jpg

Recommend you go the Jay Leno route.  The hotrodders and muscle car folks I know use Dupont Krytox 205 GPL to preserve all the weather stripping.  I use it annually on the exterior door gasket and the air seal.  It works on a lot of rubber items.  I have used it on Vettes since 1998 and had a 16 year old convertible that the gaskets were in as good a shape when I sold it as new.

PM the gaskets.....Good Luck. 

2 hours ago, Steven P said:

Loel,

I looked all over for replacement weatherstripping for my front door that would match the OEM. No luck.  But, Steele Rubber offers free samples.  I talked w them (helpful people) and got samples, and placed them down low on my door and decided which I feel is best.  I still need to do the replacement though. 

20211208_171703.jpg

20211208_171836.jpg

20211214_082038.jpg

Many have purchased seals from ; steelerubber.com  or https://uni-grip.com/products/slide-out-seals

• Like 1

• 9 months later...