1997 Monaco Executive Windshield Gasket

I am looking for a windshield gasket for my 97 Monaco Executive. My windshield needs to be reset.  The old gasket is hard from sun exposure.  I had to tape the seams of the windshield just to drive it home from Colorado to Wisconsin because the wind noise was awful.  Anyhow, after a lot of calling around I found a shop who can do the work but they won't guarantee the work because of the age of the motor-home.  Anyhow, I am looking for the proper gasket and having trouble.  The parts PDF on this site doesn't seem to have the gasket listed, unless I am missing it.  Does anyone know what gasket is used?  Also, does anyone have any good advice on what should be done and what shouldn't, such as:  using sealant or not?  Thanks

20210704_193433.jpg

P9066001.jpg

P9066041.jpg

When CoachGlass replaced my windshield, they sent me Bostick 70-08A only to glue gasket to body. My gasket is still good and is self-locking, no adhesive between it and the glass to keep if floating in the groove. I would expect CoachGlass to know or have what gasket you need.

RV GLASS SOLUTIONS By COACH GLASS

888-777-6778 Ext. 149

EricM@RVGlassExperts.com

That's interesting. My 05 Ambassador (2 piece) windshield didn't have any "polyurethane" on it from the factory. I went through about 3 replacements without polyurethane. They always asked me if I wanted it. I said no, it came from the factory without it. I was always having problems with the upper right corner not staying in the gasket. I was having the windshield reset in the Goshen area by a person who glued the windshields in the gasket at the factory. I told him no glue, it never had glue. His reply was my motorhome was probably moved to the windshield installation bay on a Friday and when they returned on Monday, they probably pushed my MH to the next assembly assuming it was done on Friday. He said that has happened before. I now have the glue on the passenger side but not on the driver's side. "When" I have to replace the driver's side I will use da glue. I was told not to use the polyurethane with primer, prime the gasket first then use the pure urethane. That method has worked great for me.

Gary 05 AMB DST

On 1/2/2023 at 7:33 PM, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

That's interesting. My 05 Ambassador (2 piece) windshield didn't have any "polyurethane" on it from the factory. I went through about 3 replacements without polyurethane. They always asked me if I wanted it. I said no, it came from the factory without it. I was always having problems with the upper right corner not staying in the gasket. I was having the windshield reset in the Goshen area by a person who glued the windshields in the gasket at the factory. I told him no glue, it never had glue. His reply was my motorhome was probably moved to the windshield installation bay on a Friday and when they returned on Monday, they probably pushed my MH to the next assembly assuming it was done on Friday. He said that has happened before. I now have the glue on the passenger side but not on the driver's side. "When" I have to replace the driver's side I will use da glue. I was told not to use the polyurethane with primer, prime the gasket first then use the pure urethane. That method has worked great for me.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Do you know what gasket is used?