2001 Dynast Shower Mixing Valve Repair HELP

Bill C

21 hours ago, StephenW said:

Bill,

The cartridge that Ivan K showed is a Moen 1222B for a shower valve that has a handle that rotates to turn on and off from cold to hot.  Your picture shows a Moen shower valve that has a handle that pulls out for on and push in for off and turn left and right for hot and cold. I believe the cartridge you need is a Moen 1225. 

I think you are correct Stephen, it is probably a 1225. The 1222 is too big in diameter, my inside diameter is about .79 inches. I will be able to confirm once I get the Moen tool tomorrow and can remove the old one. It is a brass one and the 1225 tool didn't quite reach it. I've also learned that the brass one's are really hard to get to move, and a plastic tool just won't do the job.

Bill

20 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Yes, ours is turning counterclockwise to adjust. 

Good Day Ivan, Please remind me of my question to your answer "turning counterclockwise to adjust".

Forgive me if I lost the bubble on this discussion 🙂

Thanks,

Bill

1 hour ago, Corkman said:

Thanks Ivan, I wish I had knew that, I would not have purchased the 1222, mine is pull out 🙂

Bill

It only confirms how different they can be. I think our old class C was like yours and thinking about it, I probably would like it more.

Bill,

When you connect the cartridge puller, make sure you rotate the old brass cartridge back and forth before tightening the hex nut to start pulling the old cartridge out. Rotating really helps free up the old brass cartridge. I would recommend replacing the brass cartridge with the plastic 1225 unit.

Good luck! 

Edited by StephenW
missing info

When using the cartridge puller the outside of the puller goes up against the valve body and after tightening the screw into the cartridge stem, rotate the puller side to side to loosen the cartridge, then with a crescent wrench on the flat sides,( looks like a nut?) of the puller, you turn clockwise to begin pulling the cartridge out of the valve body.

If you need detailed instructions or help please feel free to PM me. 

IMG_0695.thumb.jpeg.c128f7671d8f7823b8fe45780a3c4b41.jpeg

Edited by StephenW