Water damage on floor

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how big of a job it is to repair floor damage from water. I know that is a very broad question but I’m just looking to decide if it’s a job I want to tackle or not. It seems to be a fairly small area just under a window but the wall is also soft. Unfortunately we bought the Rv and missed the floor issue. They had premier vinyl out down by the Rv dealer prior to their purchase and I cannot believe they put the vinyl over the damaged area but the people we purchased from only hs the rv a year so I double the damage is from that time. You never know with rv dealers. My concern is I am assuming it will ruin the flooring when I have to pull up the vinyl to repair the damaged area. Just looking for some thoughts befire I begin to decide what to do moving forward. 
 I have an appointment at Talin rv for another repair and think I am going to ask them for their opinion also  

2007 Monaco diplomat. 

Step1:  Determine where the leak is and fix it

Step2: Remove all soft / damage wood

Step3: Clean everything and bleach for mold

Step4: Take advantage of the walls / floor being opened up and run wires, undercoat, paint, upgrade stuff etc.

Step5: Close up the floor and walls

Step6: Fix the cosmetics

Other than the general info above, would need more specifics from you.

But to answer your direct question- fixing floors isn't so hard.  It's all the other stuff that is.

It’s one of those jobs you have to start at the very beginning maybe do a little exploratory tear out. Once you do that you’ll just have to commit to it and think your way thru it. If you have any good skills you can do it. Buy a good multi tool. I like the Rigid pivoting head model.

14 minutes ago, tmw188 said:

It’s one of those jobs you have to start at the very beginning maybe do a little exploratory tear out. Once you do that you’ll just have to commit to it and think your way thru it. If you have any good skills you can do it. Buy a good multi tool. I like the Rigid pivoting head model.

Multi tool is a must!

12AFE3CD-399B-4E02-B69C-CFB7BB2F2B7B.jpeg

4D055DA9-A044-4791-BC55-49D7375C0F92.jpeg

9478D9CF-A194-4C34-BB68-2ADB8F38A4A4.jpeg

96356E77-72E7-415E-8A4F-9A8925027984.jpeg