Splendide Combo in Neptune / Cayman 36PDQ

Agpopp

Morning Everyone, Glad to have found the forum. Just purchased an amazing condition 2006 36PDQ (trailing arms taken care of). I have a splendide 2100xc to put in and have done this a few times to other rvs I've had. There is no location to mark the vent but I've read here there may be a pilot hole under the wallpaper in the closet.  

Does anyone with a neptune 36pdq have a photo of the hole location and the vent routing? Would help a great deal. Thanks everyone! 

Edited by Agpopp

• Agpopp changed the title to Splendide Combo in Neptune / Cayman 36PDQ

Congrats! 

When I went down the same path as you, I found that there isn’t any info.

Had to use a stud finder, and then slowly use the hole saw to get through the wall paper/luan to make there was no stud. Once it was clear, drill away. 

I hit the right spot the first time, so it went beautifully. Have cut dryer holes in 3 RVs now, still a very nerve wreaking experience 

53 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

On a cool, damp morning you should be able to see where’s the bracing

Andrew,

I just happen to have a picture of what Dick is referring to.  Thought it might help.

CareyFramememberlocations.thumb.jpg.b32156aadf3ad7350f48a9cc466f09b2.jpgFramememberlocations.thumb.jpg.b32156aadf3ad7350f48a9cc466f09b2.jpg

Sorry, the two pictures above are identical.  The first time that I uploaded it, I got a notice saying that the upload failed, so I uploaded it again.  Apparently, the first attempt did work.  😕  Probably my "less than ideal" internet service out in the boonies.

Carey

Edited by Idoc57
  • Like 1

Thanks gentlemen.  I do know about the dew trick, and was hoping to hear more decisive news. I was worried about the rear mounted vent on the dryer making the connection to the sidewall vent, as in if it's too low the washer blocking it.  I'll hold on hoping someone has an interior picture of thier work. 

36 minutes ago, Agpopp said:

Thanks gentlemen.  I do know about the dew trick, and was hoping to hear more decisive news. I was worried about the rear mounted vent on the dryer making the connection to the sidewall vent, as in if it's too low the washer blocking it.  I'll hold on hoping someone has an interior picture of thier work. 

I do, but my coach is a Diplomat. I can dig up the pics if you want 

46 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

I do, but my coach is a Diplomat. I can dig up the pics if you want 

Anything you have would help

Wow, that's way up there. And framed way tighter than I thought. Interesting though is that I have the washer sticker, but it's in the closet not the WD cabinet.  And I couldn't feel any pilot holes to boot. I'm hoping someone with a neptune 36pdq can enlighten me before I proceed.  Thanks everyone so far!

2 hours ago, Agpopp said:

Wow, that's way up there. And framed way tighter than I thought. Interesting though is that I have the washer sticker, but it's in the closet not the WD cabinet.  And I couldn't feel any pilot holes to boot. I'm hoping someone with a neptune 36pdq can enlighten me before I proceed.  Thanks everyone so far!

Yeah no pilot holes were present. This was the easiest place between the framing to place it

I "reinstalled" our Splendide not long after purchasing the coach new.  It is a 2010 38PDQ and the washer hookup is to the left of the rear closet in a curb side cabinet over the rear furnace.  I pulled the washer to reconstruct the floor...they used very thin plywood that did not adequately support the washer either while it was operating and obviously while going down the road.   Rebuilt the floor with stronger "joists" and new plywood but can't see/measure the thickness now.  It's been a lot of years but probably 1/2" or 5/8".  Then I added a rubber pad (Tractor Supply stall pad) to mitigate the unit's vibration when running.  Strongly suggest this mod.  If your floor plan is the same and you need a measurement,  I'll try to get a ruler in the small space...ask in a reply.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My floor seems very strong so I'm not worried about that aspect.  Using  a stud finder, it seems there is at least one opening that is about 24 inches off the floor, and that is the same as the Splendide outlet. I'm hesitant to drill the hole because it just doesn't seem like the vent will he able to make the 90 degree bend to leave through the side wall.  I did a little poking around last night, maybe I'll get brave and tackle it today.  

Ok, do u guys think the vent should go on the front or back of this false wall in the wd closet? At first I thought in front but now looking at other pics, I think the other installs on the exterior walls went in the service cavity with the vent.

20230321_200442.jpg

Well, it's done. Drilled the hole after much debate and measuring and placed it behind the false wall as I believe it was designed. There was a brace at 48 inches above the body molding and the rear wall frame was maybe 3/4 inch away. It looks much closer than it is from the inside and I was surprised how thick the fiberglass is on these things.  I hope someone in the future can find this and see what was done here as I found no information on doing this mod to the 36pdq. 

As a side note, the vent kit from splendide is a quality item that I've boughta few of in the past ,  but in a cost cutting measure the jerks gave me 20 inches of vent. Unbelievable.  

20230322_194042.jpg

20230322_194344.jpg

20230322_201214.jpg

20230322_202151.jpg

20230322_195105.jpg

• Like 1

Back at it today, had my brother come and help me lift the washer into the coach. I had to trim the rear false wall to fit the vent at where it exits the Splendide. Very tight quarters, and there is no doubt if I would have put the vent in FRONT of the false wall, it would have never fit and I would have permanently scarred this beautiful Neptune.  

The rest of the work had to be done through the access hole in the closet but it wasn't too terrible after I figured out the routing of everything.  I did secure the drain elbow with a zip tie to help make sure it stays in the hole when draining.  

I also added one of the fluorescent lights I saved from the LED upgrade to the closet and picked up 12v power from the road side slide room wiring under the washer  . Why in the world they didn't install one at the factory is beyond me. Even a $2 white marker light would have provided some lighting. 

Hope someone finds this handy in the future. 

20230325_154211.jpg

20230325_164815.jpg

20230325_164012.jpg

20230325_173437.jpg