Snowball floor repair.

So last year I had to store the RV outside, when I went to get it after the winter the big drivers slide had creeped out a couple inches. There was some water on the floor and I’m not sure how long the slide had been not sealed. We used the rv all last year and the floor got progressively softer in the hallway and in front of the refrigerator. So I started tearing the floor up a couple days ago. Someone’s been in here before it appears. The flooring/tile wasn’t original. And some patch work has been done. The toilet area is completely rotten. And honestly I had no idea. Toilet didn’t seem loose. No leaks there etc. but I was able to just pull the toilet out after the screw just spun with out moving. 

D37E7EB6-24B1-41A7-AE00-B9AF960517AB.jpeg

9B15757F-8735-4609-9EFE-D29A14776B19.jpeg

CADD6220-275D-47A9-A74E-06A6A4B18F67.jpeg

Guest Ray Davis

Good grief,  look at all of those hoses.  👀   So that's where they've been hiding.  

Someone in there before implies it was leaking before.  Do you know where?

Good luck & keep sending pictures we like um.

11 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Good grief,  look at all of those hoses.  👀   So that's where they've been hiding.  

Someone in there before implies it was leaking before.  Do you know where?

Good luck & keep sending pictures we like um.

The sink in the toilet room had some improvised plumbing. I’m guessing there was leak there and/or toilet. 

Guest Ray Davis
2 hours ago, CMillet86 said:

Decided to trim this wall to get behind it. Found some more surprises. 

9B7F7E59-BF62-48F5-ACEF-E6C60A6967B1.jpeg

Is that a vent?   I might be inclined to repair that with a rubber coupling and clamps.

1 hour ago, jacwjames said:

Wow, does the damage extend under the tub??  Not sure how the tub is supported but if rests on the floor it will have to be repaired to make sure it doesn't stress the fiberglass otherwise you may end up with cracks. 

Good luck on the repair,

Tub? Shower is on opposite side of coach. This is toilet room area. 

First picture you posted showed the tile lifted up in front of shower, second picture showed where you pulled up the subfloor exposing all the piping/wiring in the basement.  So just wondering the condition of the floor under the shower.

If in doubt it might be worthwhile to remove the shower and replace subfloor.  If I did that I'd just do a tile walkin type shower. 

10 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

First picture you posted showed the tile lifted up in front of shower, second picture showed where you pulled up the subfloor exposing all the piping/wiring in the basement.  So just wondering the condition of the floor under the shower.

If in doubt it might be worthwhile to remove the shower and replace subfloor.  If I did that I'd just do a tile walkin type shower. 

Ahh yes, luckily wood is good under shower. Being a hallway type shower I’m definitely trying to avoid removing it. 

Agree, when I had to replace flooring in my LR area I was lucky because the floor was still good under the tile.  The original flooring was the particle board, it pretty much just disintegrated.  I cut out the old till I got to good flooring.  Here's a post I did on replacing my flooring. 

My floor was 1 1/8" thick total so I used a piece of 3/4" treated plywood which I went ahead and painted for added protection.  Then added a piece of 3/8" exterior siding/plywood.  In the first photo the black you see is the vapor barrier that Monaco glued to the flooring before laying it down. 

I was able to salvage the vapor barrier and glued it back to the subfloor by spreading liquid nail on the plywood before putting it down, fastened it down with a couple screws to hold it in place and then went underneath and used a roller to press the vapor barrier to the wood.  Seems to have worked.  . 

I went ahead and left the ceramic tile but replaced all the other flooring. 

Floor Prepped.jpg

Floor first part in.jpg

Floor final subfloor piece.jpg

Floor Front Finished.jpg