DOMETIC & EMS power issues…HELP NEEDED - 2007 Diplomat

Joel Sheriff
Go to solution Solved by Joel Sheriff,

My newest problem is they just put a heavy duty capacitor on my AC because my compressor is going and it took care of some of the problem but the compressor is bad But now turns over. That being said they worked on the electrical system when doing the air conditioning and now in a 50 amp space my EMS board sheds everything except the bottom two AC and washer dryer I can't take the washer dryer out of the shedding without doing all the stuff that's necessary to change that board but I'm getting no EMS signal to my hot water heater and it shows 50 amp coming in but only two lights on the shedding side of the EMS. Picture to follow I turned off and on all Breakers and when I turn off the hot water heater breaker the board shows 30 amp it kicks it down from 50 amp all the others are fine when I turn them off turn them back on they show no change in power but the hot water heater breaker somehow changes the incoming Shore power distribution light to 30 amp from 50 amp. I'm stumped on this one please, as usual, HELP.... JOEL

20230405_195932.heic

• Tom Cherry changed the title to DOMETIC & EMS power issues…HELP NEEDED - 2007 Diplomat
  • Solution

I am going to reset the ems board as number one issue either by unplugging the entire board or resetting the entire coach.  Yes I have 50 amp coming in from pedestal and board shows 50 amp but is shedding all but bottom 2 lights so I am losing my hwh (4th position on shed).  Thanks Joel 

I am going to reset the ems board as number one issue either by unplugging the entire board or resetting the entire coach.  Yes I have 50 amp coming in from pedestal and board shows 50 amp but is shedding all but bottom 2 lights so I am losing my hwh (4th position on shed).  Thanks Joel 

Thanks and problem solved. I reset ems board, found a loose but connected breaker, changed 3amp  ems fuse even though read good.  Turned all breakers off for a few minutes then rest everything and done. All shed lights on. 

• Like 1