Trying to figure out part number for hydraulic fan motor

Go to solution Solved by waterskier_1,

Can you find any info on manufacturer?? 

Unfortunately, Monaco seemed to change pump styles/manufacturers/hydraulic design on a regular basis (if not mid year).  So unless someone responds who actually dealt with this it will be difficult to source.

But if you motor is only leaking it may be as simple as a seal or Oring.  I'd suggest pulling the motor and looking to see if there is better identification.  You can take the motor to a hydraulic shop and they might be able to repair and/or find a alternative motor. 

EDIT,   I kept using portions of the number and doing searches and fount this

https://www.whitehouseproductsltd.com/products/hydraulic-motors/hyd-gear-motors-fan-valves/danfoss-turollas/snm2-17l-ci06-hydraulic-gear-motor

I bought a thermovalve from them in 2015, you might give them a call to get more info.  You have to register with their website to check on the price and order, a little bit of a hassle but worth it, when I bought my thermovlave they were substantially cheaper even with the currency exchange and shipping. 

• Like 2

• Solution

I replaced the Hydraulic Fan Motor on my 97 Dynasty C8.3 several years ago.  From looking at the partial number on the motor, it looks similar to mine.  

I have questions though.  First, you say there are two PUMPS attached to their own fan blade.  I think you mean MOTORS, not PUMPS.  The Pumps take power (likely from a belt driven off your crankshaft on the engine) and create hydraulic pressure.  The Motor takes the hydraulic pressure to do work - in this case rotation of the fan.  Did you miss-speak, or are you indeed talking about PUMPS?  Second, you say you have two (2) each of these Pumps (Motors).  I only had one, which drove the only fan blade in the radiator stack (engine coolant, transmission coolant, hydraulic coolant and Air Conditioning Condenser).  I have some data on the Motors.  I was going to replace mine, but found a place that sold a reseal kit so I had that done.  I believe you have a Sauer Danfoss motor in that picture.  The whole model number is likely:

SNM2 / 17 CI 06 RTA1/5D.  

If you like, I can send you a Sauer Danfoss Technical Information Model Code Description that I found online in my search.  I think that White House Products is the likely manufacturer of replacement pumps.  They are located in Great Britain.  Their phone number is +44 1475 742500.  Their website is https://www.whitehouseproductsltd.com/

Please confirm that this is a Motor, not a Pump.  Look for the leading portion of the Model Number and see if it matches what I wrote.  Also, can you confirm that you have two separate motors and fans?  I've never seen that, within the same cooling "stack".

-Rick N.

currently in Tucson, AZ

Ok, yes, my apologies this is for a hydraulic fan motor, not a pump.  There are two motors and two fans and the number I posted was of the motor that wasn't leaking.  I did take it to a hydraulic shop this morning, and they were able to see a part number SNM 2/17 CI06 LFU1  I believe this is a Sauer Danfoss, it stated made in Italy.  I have started the process to find the motor, but the gentleman at the hydraulics repair thought he might be able to repair this?  So, I am still trying to locate the motor, and will call some companies today and see if this part is available.  

18 minutes ago, Michelle H said:

Ok, yes, my apologies this is for a hydraulic fan motor, not a pump.  There are two motors and two fans and the number I posted was of the motor that wasn't leaking.  I did take it to a hydraulic shop this morning, and they were able to see a part number SNM 2/17 CI06 LFU1  I believe this is a Sauer Danfoss, it stated made in Italy.  I have started the process to find the motor, but the gentleman at the hydraulics repair thought he might be able to repair this?  So, I am still trying to locate the motor, and will call some companies today and see if this part is available.  

FWIW….as long as the motor housing is intact and has no structural or fatigue issues, most folks opt for letting a trusted shop rebuild rather than replace and the results, in general, have been very good….

Your MH…Your $$….Your call

• Like 1

Ok.  Try looking up Berendsen Fluid Power.  That is where I bought my hydraulic pump, and then found out they could get a seal kit (I don't remember from whom - but I had to call them and beg to send Berendsen just one kit).  I ultimately bought the seal kit from Berendsen, and had them do the replacement.  Then I returned the pump, which I think was the wrong one.  The pump we have has an added back with the flow valves that are used to vary the fan speed based up the wax valve mounted on the radiator.  

I still find it unusual that you have two, when all the Dynasty's I've looked at only had one, but so be it.

-Rick N.,

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Ken Smith said:

I have owned both a 95 and 96 Dynasty  (Indiana coaches) both have had two Danfoss hydralic motors each running a seperate fan. Put a seal kit in the Danfoss motors and they well be fine.

Thanks Ken.  I had a 97 Dynasty, and it only had one.  I'm not sure what the OP has, the post says 96 but his bio says 97.  

-Rick N.

Years ago on the old forum when Bill D was around there was a thread discussing the differences in the fan hydraulics from 94 thru 97 (motors, pumps and the drive belts) that were used to run the pumps from the crankshaft on the side mount radiator roadmaster chassis. There was also mention of some differences between  Indiana and Oregon coaches.

The old forum would be wonderful to see and read about. It has really been quite difficult finding any information on this system.  After looking at the VIN this coach was from Indiana.

IMG_3976.jpg

7 hours ago, Michelle H said:

Check the link that I posted before, White House Products in the UK may have this and if they do it would cheaper then you'll find from another source. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacwjames said:

Check the link that I posted before, White House Products in the UK may have this and if they do it would cheaper then you'll find from another source. 

Jim, I saw that particular motor at White House too, but it is a 17L, the "L" meaning "Left Hand Rotation".  He motor doesn't have the "L".  A call or email would still be a good idea.  When I was looking, they responded quickly to my email, but didn't have what I needed available for months.

I would also check with Berendsen Fluid Power to see if they can help or reseal.  

-Rick N.

Currently in Tucson, AZ

Thank you for all the advice and ideas.  I ended up taking the bus to a hydraulics repair shop, and the mechanic thought he might be able to rebuild it, then he found the motor was actually in pretty rough shape.  So he found a part the Sauer Danfoss SNM 2/17 CI06 LFU1, was able to order it, second day, and he fixed it today with the new motor.  I very happy as we got this done, when at first it seemed almost nearly impossible to do in one weeks time.  The part was $400 and the labor was $425.

15 hours ago, Michelle H said:

Thank you for all the advice and ideas.  I ended up taking the bus to a hydraulics repair shop, and the mechanic thought he might be able to rebuild it, then he found the motor was actually in pretty rough shape.  So he found a part the Sauer Danfoss SNM 2/17 CI06 LFU1, was able to order it, second day, and he fixed it today with the new motor.  I very happy as we got this done, when at first it seemed almost nearly impossible to do in one weeks time.  The part was $400 and the labor was $425.

Where was the part sourced?  There are still many coaches out there that are using hydraulic pumps & motors.  I good supplier will help others.

-Rick N.

Currently in Deming, NM