Hydraulic filter

Go to solution Solved by Gweedo,

The last couple trips I noticed a very slight (for a lack of a better term) a rubbing or grind on the steering wheel, only when driving straight with slight movements on the wheel.  anyhow I was reading the the manual and it says the hydraulic filter in the engine compartment should be changed periodically and the fluid level checked.  anyone know where this filter is located? 

thnx

Yes…but to close this out….there may be (is) a variety of “hydraulic filters”

Original Nelson…..3 filters stacked on each other.  That is the large economy size black reservoir.  Almost 4 gallons of fluid.  May or may not be AW46 hydraulic as manual says.  Look at color.  RED….ATF.  Delvac synthetic or Allison Transynd is the recommend refilling or replenishment fluid.  May or may NOT have a spin on (looks like an oil filter) with it.

Smaller Nelson.  Only one one filter.  Same deal as above….probably ATF….but some did have the left over AW46.  Again, may or may not have the spin on filter.

Smaller Nelson.  Same as above…..but NO auxiliary pressure filter.  That goes back to almost 2000.  

Here is the answer.  The hydraulic cannister is in the rear compartment next to the dip sticks.  My manual says "filter" so I am assuming its one.  The manual shows the Nelson 84365a, which crossed over to a Baldwin PT951, so I ordered one of those.