Just like a kitchen remodel, you need a dimensioned plan, an attachment plan, cosmetic plan, and either the tools and experience and materials to do it yourself, or a rolladex of phone numbers of contractors that can do the work for you.

The issue will likely be "curved moldings".  Mirrors and lighting are relatively straightforward.

You need to figure out / plan what lights and where they will get their proper voltage and where / what switches you will use.

but totally doable.

4 hours ago, DavidL said:

Just like a kitchen remodel, you need a dimensioned plan, an attachment plan, cosmetic plan, and either the tools and experience and materials to do it yourself, or a rolladex of phone numbers of contractors that can do the work for you.

The issue will likely be "curved moldings".  Mirrors and lighting are relatively straightforward.

You need to figure out / plan what lights and where they will get their proper voltage and where / what switches you will use.

but totally doable.

Thanks, yes all of that and I have the tools and knowledge to do it all. Just wondering if anyone else has attempted it and could share any issues they had.

Like in newer coaches the entire thing would be hinged so it could be dropped for AC filter access.

Not sure what effect it would have on the AC air distribution?

On 5/22/2023 at 11:21 AM, bmulvenna@hotmail.com said:

We have the plain ceiling on or 2004 Dynasty.

Has anyone updated the ceiling in our older coaches using a drop down cover with curved moldings, mirrors or lighting?

AC issues?

Thoughts and ideas?

Thanks 

Are you asking about replacing the "Ozite" (outdoor carpeting) glued to the ceiling of my 2000 Dynasty?  I've done that.  Big job, but beautiful result.

On 5/22/2023 at 12:50 PM, bmulvenna@hotmail.com said:

Not sure what effect it would have on the AC air distribution?

Probably the #1 reason I cleared doing something similar from my mind.

I wouldn't want to lose the AC air dumps! I use them frequently for a fast cool down.

Mike,  

I upgraded my ceiling a few years ago.  I don't have a lot of  "bling", but have had lots of compliments.   My roof air filters are easy to access and change and I wrapped the interior chase of the roof vents in wood.    I'm not sure when Monaco raised the ceiling height on your coach model, but  take that into your design if you do have the lower ceiling, fortunately, I have the higher ceilings.

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

Edited by windsorbill06
  • Like 2