OAT or NOAT Coolant?

When I was thinking about doing a coolant change back in 2015 I did't have a good place to do it (slopped driveway) and the thought of handling ~50 gallons of a mix of old coolant and flush didn't appeal to me.  I did get a quote from Cummins $650, but the shop manager suggested I get an analysis done, which I did and it turned out great, no need for a change.

But ~3 months later road debris took out my radiator and I ended up getting it replaced under insurance claim. 

I have used final change in all my motorhomes. Meets every mfrs. requirements. Available in most truck stops and even some Walmarts. Napa as well. O use an inexpensive refractometer  from Amazon to  test. I drained the old coolant into a bucket and poured into old gallon oil jugs. To refill I drop a 120 volt utility pump into a 5 gallon pail. Pour in coolant. Utility pumps have a garden hose outlet. No pouring into the  rad resevoir required.

1 hour ago, TLMonaco said:

So what is the procedure to purge the air from the cooling system?

Thanks

Tom

If you watch the video the tech uses a system called Airlift. Slick deal. If you do your own coolant change out its paid for. I just ordered one from Ebay for $110.00  

12 hours ago, TLMonaco said:

So what is the procedure to purge the air from the cooling system?

Thanks

Tom

All systems are different but my overflow tank is the highest point in my system and I've changed mine 3 times now with no air trapped. I also used peak final charge. 

• Like 1