key won't unlock door

Hello looking for insight on my key will not lock or unlock the door the door from outside.Everything seems to be working from inside.Any help would be appreciated.Key will turn left not right.

Thank you Brian

2006 Endeavor

WIN_20230611_12_17_06_Pro.jpg

WIN_20230611_12_16_49_Pro.jpg

Edited by bigbhb

Did the key work properly before?

The key has to move the tumblers inside before the key is allowed to be turned in either the lock or unlock direction.

Explain exactly what you have determined other then "my key will not lock or unlock the door the door from outside."

More specific explanation is needed before more troubleshooting can be supplied.

8 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Did the key work properly before?

The key has to move the tumblers inside before the key is allowed to be turned in either the lock or unlock direction.

Explain exactly what you have determined other then "my key will not lock or unlock the door the door from outside."

More specific explanation is needed before more troubleshooting can be supplied.

Yes the key did lock and unlock the door prior to this. Sounds like something has moved inside where the tumblers are so the key does not align with the tumblers.Manually from inside you can move the lock latch.(not talking about dead bolt)

Just to make sure... if its unlocked you can still open the door easily from outside?  There has been considerable info posted about the mechanism wearing and making it more difficult to open the door.  That problem is not a function of the key unlocking... it is the door mechanism not working properly when the door is unlocked.

So the shop where i spend my time out had a rv with exact problem. I compleatly removed the outer door handle that housed outer handle an the salesman lock. After lubing the tumbler with tri flow an insert an remove key an trying to get it to turn i was able to get the key tumbler to turn one way but not the other. Unfortunately the tumbler is not a serviceable item, you can try another key but that one is still the same then you will have to replace the outher handle / tumbler assembly. 

On 6/11/2023 at 12:28 PM, Frank Bergamo said:

Try a spray lubricant into key slot. Tri-Flow is what I use when I get a sticky lock. Spray and work the lock with the key, should loosen it up. Hope this helps.

Yup, a nice clean lock lube will do wonders for old tumblers.   I use Boeshield  T9 and it works magic on most locks and on the inside of the Hatch door latch mechanisms too.  At 18 yrs, in sandy dusty, SoCal, about all my locks are acting up more often than I like.

Hope you can get the lock going again.  I was never given a key for mine, I wonder if it has the same issue. We just use the deadbolt,  but reading this makes me wonder if I can order a key for it. I think the tumbler has a 7 on it.....think I'll do some searching.  

Using the dead-bolt is a more safer and secure way to lock the entry door. Those locks on the entry door handle are fairly generic and as far as I know there are not that many versions of the keys that open those locks.

Pretty much the same for the bay door locks.

Have you tried to go to a fairly large RV dealership where they most likely have all of the various versions used and available in their key inventory?

Or possibly you could just swap out the tumbler assembly for a new one with a set of keys.

I believe those entry door handle/lock assemblies are made by Trimark.

https://www.trimarkcorp.com/sr/media/pdf/Service_and_Replacement_Rev5.pdf

Here is the web link to the one available at Veurinks RV for $92 - https://shop.findmyrvparts.com/monaco-rv-paddle-latch-08704363-p/190039.htm

Edited by Dr4Film

24 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Using the dead-bolt is a more safer and secure way to lock the entry door. Those locks on the entry door handle are fairly generic and as far as I know there are not that many versions of the keys that open those locks.

Pretty much the same for the bay door locks.

Have you tried to go to a fairly large RV dealership where they most likely have all of the various versions used and available in their key inventory?

Or possibly you could just swap out the tumbler assembly for a new one with a set of keys.

I believe those entry door handle/lock assemblies are made by Trimark.

https://www.trimarkcorp.com/sr/media/pdf/Service_and_Replacement_Rev5.pdf

Here is the web link to the one available at Veurinks RV for $92 - https://shop.findmyrvparts.com/monaco-rv-paddle-latch-08704363-p/190039.htm

Thank you for that TriMark booklet I will need it sOMEDAY but hopefully not soon