2000 Windsor slide has no power to switch for moving in & out

no power to control panel for slide out operation.  HWH advised to check fuse on relay in engine compartment - I can not find the relay with fuse.  This is on a Winsor 40 PBS model.  Checked (looked) everywhere - still did not find.  Jump the solenoid and have wife hold switch for in or out and we can run slide-out.  Plan on stopping at HWH when we leave MI. this fall (if I can't get the fuse replaced first).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First guess might be if you have inhibitor switches on the basement doors under the slide.  If the door is not fully closed or the inhibitor switch isn't adjusted right or bad it won't let the slide work. 

Mine look like this https://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/plunger-style-door-switch-normally-off-with-two-screw-faceplate-7-16/

I had one fail last year, took a while to find the problem.  I actually had a spare that I installed but if need you can bypass by just putting the two wires together.

• Like 1

I had a similar problem last year and after spending days trhing to decipher the problem I discovered that the slide motor and been unplugged. In our case the motor electric leads are connected to the power source via a plastic slip connection located in the ceiling of one of the basement bays below the slide near a light. When putting away a folding chair in the basement I apparently hit the plastic wire connection and unplugged it. Might be worth a quick check. In my case it was the front passenger slide and the connection was located in the first basement bay next to the LP bay.

It is probably a fuse somewhere. The 12volts to the slide switch, seems on most units, to be shared with something else. Find out what other 12 volt item isn't working and you should find it. In my case a 2003 Windsor the power for the slide switches was shared with the water pump. Since I was hooked up to city water, it took me a while to figure it out. Once I went to turn on the water pump and it didn't work, found a in-line fuse that was blown and then the water pump and the slides worked. Good luck.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2000 Windsor slide has no power to switch for moving in & out
3 hours ago, hamtrak said:

no power to control panel for slide out operation.  HWH advised to check fuse on relay in engine compartment - I can not find the relay with fuse.  This is on a Winsor 40 PBS model.  Checked (looked) everywhere - still did not find.  Jump the solenoid and have wife hold switch for in or out and we can run slide-out.  Plan on stopping at HWH when we leave MI. this fall (if I can't get the fuse replaced first).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many good suggestions.  But Monaco had many different types of slides and controls, sometimes changing in mid year.  If you have a generator slide, DOES IT WORK?

IF you have a generator slide, then, generically speaking here is how it works.

The first failsafe or switch that has to work the parking brake switch.  If sends out a “ground” (not 12 VDC) to three places.  Parking brake light on dash.  Front generator circuit and then the house slide circuit.  The generator has a failsafe switch and if gets power from a fuse typically up front.

The house control power starts our in the rear.  It goes through a set of series strung bay door switches.  Usually one on each side.  If you have slides in rear and living, then there is another set of switches.  Then there is a slide lockout Bosch relay.  It MAY be on a control board or just mounted.  If there is an ignition signal (ON), THEN the relay will not give the positive power the switches.

you need to scan or take a photo of the print with the slides and Genny slides on it.  The individual slide controllers are also different depending  on year and vendor.

many of us have helped folks, but we need a copy of 5he print to help us.

There is a myriad of locations for “the fuse”….HWH will have to find the print and chase it down and then see if it REALLY is the issue and “why did it blow”.  Moat goo RV techs can do this with your prints…

Yes….that works,  but if you don’t have 12 VDC (measured to the center pin on the switches and use the GROUND round pin on an AC Outlet as GROUND)  then beating up a motor will never make it work.  In this case, if the magnets in the motor have come loose…which is what hitting them does to reseat them….I’d be getting the number of the motor as it will fail…just don’t know when.  If it does again….use the hammer….and then order a replacement or read up on how to manually retract the slide.  Based on the experience of others over 13 years, I’ll almost make a small wager…

Good Luck.

thanks for all the suggestions - I've checked the bay doors and looked at the brake, but to no avail.  Accodring to HWH, there's a fuse off the pump relay contact in the engine compartment,  was hoping someone could direct me to this relay.

I appreciate the all the suggestions from this group.

Tom Cherry's reply was the most help full - gave a run down on how the slide is sequenced for operation

16 minutes ago, hamtrak said:

thanks for all the suggestions - I've checked the bay doors and looked at the brake, but to no avail.  Accodring to HWH, there's a fuse off the pump relay contact in the engine compartment,  was hoping someone could direct me to this relay.

I appreciate the all the suggestions from this group.

Tom Cherry's reply was the most help full - gave a run down on how the slide is sequenced for operation

Find the HWH motor.  There will be a cable, maybe 2, going to a "solenoid".  That is the relay.  The solenoid carries the high current for the motor.  Don't know what type of motor you have.  If it is a constant direction...as it always (for example) turns clockwise....then there will be ONE cable.  BUT, if they reverse the motor and the hydraulic pump motor runs one way for extend and the other way for retract, there will be two large cables going to it.  There will ONLY be a single incoming line (Cable) to the solenoid if it is a ONE WAY....the other side of the motor goes to ground.  BUT, it is a reversing motor, there will be a large positive and negative.

Your owner's manual has complete instructions and also pictures of where the unit is and how to manually retract a slide.  Read it and look there.  That will show you WHAT you are looking for.  

No offense to HWH, if there is a pump relay or such, Monaco always, I thought, put them in the Rear Run bay.

OK....look at the second or so print in your manual.  The first one is the Slide Controller.  FIND IT.  it is NOT a stand alone relay....despite what HWH says.  There are TWO fuses on it.  a 5 and a 25.  The 5 is what provides the power for the switches.  I printed out a blowup of it...I had it in my PC files as someone else had the same issues....

2000 Windsor SLide Controller.pdf 2000 Windsor SLide Controlle Blow upr.pdf